Concrete reflection pond construction

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like some guidance on how to construct a concrete reflection pond for my wife. I would prefer to do it with ready mix and not lay block. I think it needs to be 30 to 40 feet in length and about 15 feet wide. I was thinking about 4 ft deep with just a flat bottom. Could I just rent a trencher to excavate the walls, place some plywood for the pond side of the wall so it is smooth, install rebar and pour the concrete. After curing I would excavate the center and pout the floor . Will this work or it there a preferred method.

Thanks
BB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Save yourself a hell of alott of money and time and plumb for a liner they are most durable cost less and last for over 20 years.
There is a thread about concrete pond construction where it has developed over time cracks which you dont want as your water will just drain away.
The advice of everyone on that thread including ourselves dig the hole and lay a liner it can be dne in a day .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Sure, you could construct the sidewalls accurate with shuttering first, doing concrete pours in batches according to what cement mixing resources are available.

It may be more practical to dig the whole area of the pond build first and set the foundation of the pond floor or storms may interfere with the concrete work, if the water table were to rise or floods surge into the trench you would have sediments all over surfaces where you would want concrete to set and seal

You really need to keep the concrete areas and surfaces well drained, clean and dirt free

Regards, andy
http://swglist.wordpress.com/
http://www.pinterest.com/adavisus/pondering/

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Why not just contact a gunite pool guy and see what they say .I think for what you are saying sounds almost a lap pool build .

Ask a Question