Crazy fishies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I actually have 2 pond inserts. One is 55 gallons and the other is 185.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Yeah, 185 gallons is not a pond for a koi that can get to 18 inches in 2.5 years. These two koi will die sooner or later from lack of oxygen or an ammonia rise. You need 1000 gallons for the first koi and 500 gallons for each koi after or you risk random deaths over time.

An 185 gallon pond can support 16 goldfish with a decent bog. If you are keeping one of those big goldfish comets then you can probably support 8-9 of them (20 gallons each).

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine come right up to the edge and suck on rock to beg for food. They only do it on 1 rock, where we bounce the food onto so it goes wright into the pond. Now i am trying to get them to follow me around the pond..like someone here said theirs did. They just run back to their one feeding rock..it will take a few times for them to learn nut MY FISHIES are very smart.. so @Jag falls maybe yours are telling you something..

Ask a Question