CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
be careful with the silicone (as I've been finding out) because it doesn't always stick to some plastics. That is, it WILL stick initially but I've found it is peeling off really easily (working with pvc; not sure how the epdm/hdrpe will do).

View attachment 145101
Silicone being a generic term in this sense. The stuff I'd actually use is PL-30. I'll do a test seam with it and see how it holds. I think Addy has used it extensively with her rpe liners.

Did the unthinkable today and started cutting the liner again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Silicone being a generic term in this sense. The stuff I'd actually use is PL-30. I'll do a test seam with it and see how it holds. I think Addy has used it extensively with her rpe liners.

Did the unthinkable today and started cutting the liner again!
don't worry, GPF has a special room right down the hall for those that tempt fate...I won't tell you what it's called...

stm2.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The stuff I'd actually use is PL-30
That stuff works, but you need to be bone dry, clean , roughed up.

The last fix I used Marine Goop. It sticks like unreal and does not ever peel off. Made to be under water salt and fresh. Very sticky to work with wear gloves or be ready to work on cleaning the hands.

This is a amazon link , the 3m's really work well. Used on a boat to stop a persistent leak around the rub rail. The 5200 if you open use up the tube it does not survive being open for xx time, like weeks. Again wear gloves.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
That stuff works, but you need to be bone dry, clean , roughed up.

The last fix I used Marine Goop. It sticks like unreal and does not ever peel off. Made to be under water salt and fresh. Very sticky to work with wear gloves or be ready to work on cleaning the hands.

This is a amazon link , the 3m's really work well. Used on a boat to stop a persistent leak around the rub rail. The 5200 if you open use up the tube it does not survive being open for xx time, like weeks. Again wear gloves.
Link missed? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Link missed? :)
lil bear musta jumped on the keyboard as she was putting it in, Dime; sometimes ya gotta rattle the Boss' cage a bit to get her attention!!!

heh heh

I see you UPDATED your lil anigif avatar; oh, @j.w --watch yer back during any ani-attack! And you wonder why I jumped up and down when you hilariously thought my squire-knight-in-training was working under GB's roof!

stm2.gif

Attachments

• smilie-sword-twirl-Christmas.gif
    smilie-sword-twirl-Christmas.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 9

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lil bear musta jumped on the keyboard as she was putting it in, Dime; sometimes ya gotta rattle the Boss' cage a bit to get her attention!!!
They have dialed phones, sent weird text messages, deleted things on the lappy when I am working. I try to leave everything off or in a non use able screen.
1639068127472.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

heh heh

I see you UPDATED your lil anigif avatar; oh, @j.w --watch yer back during any ani-attack!

And you wonder why I jumped up and down when you hilariously thought my squire-knight-in-training was working under GB's roof!

View attachment 145109

Hard to watch my back w/my cranky neck..................that's what my army of warrior gif's are for.

They will all be watching every step you take, every move you make
1639069052633.gif

I do think we are stealing C.W's show here tho so let's get back to the pond build before he comes at us or we get scolded by the authorities :smuggrin:

Last I heard he was committing harey-cary on his liner...................sin of sins :jawdrop:

1639069378329.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They have dialed phones, sent weird text messages, deleted things on the lappy when I am working. I try to leave everything off or in a non use able screen.View attachment 145111
when they can order a pizza, let me know; I got 4 cats that are already proving to be smarter than many humans I know...

smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hard to watch my back w/my cranky neck..................that's what my army of warrior gif's are for.

They will all be watching every step you take, every move you make View attachment 145115

I do think we are stealing C.W's show here tho so let's get back to the pond build before he comes at us or we get scolded by the authorities :smuggrin:

Last I heard he was committing harey-cary on his liner...................sin of sins :jawdrop:

View attachment 145116
that's why he's going into that 'room at the end of the hall', ya know? But yeah, lets ALL talk MARINE GOOP! God knows we don't have enough chatter about THAT! I imagine, when the baby was born amidst all that straw, the manger was held down by marine goop...probably the sheep too. I heard there was a lobster...but no, that was movie...(if you know the one, 2 GPF points for you for stating it here!).
smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
that's why he's going into that 'room at the end of the hall', ya know? But yeah, lets ALL talk MARINE GOOP! God knows we don't have enough chatter about THAT! I imagine, when the baby was born amidst all that straw, the manger was held down by marine goop...probably the sheep too. I heard there was a lobster...but no, that was movie...(if you know the one, 2 GPF points for you for stating it here!).
View attachment 145119
I had to look it up and after watching the trailer it brought it back to me. Lol that was one crazy movie!

Now we return our station network to Goopy Gloo and the dark hallway and "Lets all murder our liners" :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gee i seem to remember someone saying at one point that i had 50 pages on my build site and man that was a lot. here we are maybe at a year now and @combatwombat is at 41 pages that's it now i get it he's just trying to have more pages. well the build will never be done addy for one has soooo many pages .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gee i seem to remember someone saying at one point that i had 50 pages on my build site and man that was a lot. here we are maybe at a year now and @combatwombat is at 41 pages that's it now i get it he's just trying to have more pages. well the build will never be done addy for one has soooo many pages .
Like I said before, 39 of those 41 pages are YOU GUYS! Not me! Why do YOU want me to have so many pages? lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't i was just saying at one time you were saying there were so many and here you are and were still waiting for a fish......

Ask a Question