CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't want to interrupt this nice conversation here. And I really don't want to jinx it, but I think I'm totally out of the bottom of the pond. So tired of pumping rain water out to do more work down there.
so, what I'm hearing is 'I have time now to engage in noodles, kissing sisters, ugly trees, and squirrels on the road'. Finally. The OTG is on their feet, 9s all across the board! :D :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Finally reeling him in, it was a battle but think the OTG is winning! I can't wait to see CW's pond all up and running and nicely planted and him and wife and toddler all cozied up together gazing at the well done work.
Well wait I'm not that young anymore so hope I'm still alive when he gets done
1639853307740.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Backhanded compliments are always best when they slice both ways. :p
we're gonna have ta recruit some youngin's for the OTG if THIS is going to be our slogan...sigh; MORE paperwork!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, I got lost on another side quest. Tree trimmer approached me while I was shoveling sand into the pond and asked if I wanted a whole fir tree worth of logs from a tree he was falling a couple houses down. Been chopping firewood for 2 days.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Be careful, it is wood with a lot of resin and it clogs the ducts, mix it with other woods

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well, I got lost on another side quest. Tree trimmer approached me while I was shoveling sand into the pond and asked if I wanted a whole fir tree worth of logs from a tree he was falling a couple houses down. Been chopping firewood for 2 days.
Oh boy another firewood guy! We spend a bunch of time getting whatever free wood we can find around here. Never can you ever have enough of the stuff and we are burning it like crazy right now. Very cold up here in the PNW right now. Might even get a white Christmas this year :joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh boy another firewood guy! We spend a bunch of time getting whatever free wood we can find around here. Never can you ever have enough of the stuff and we are burning it like crazy right now. Very cold up here in the PNW right now. Might even get a white Christmas this year :joyful:
is wood burning your only heat source, JDub?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
is wood burning your only heat source, JDub?

View attachment 145541
Oh yeah it is, we kicked the furnace to the curb when we moved in here 21 years ago.
Bought a gas wood splitter to save our bodies some damage. Eventually had to invest in a new saw.

IMG_1801.JPG

I have a friend now up the road who gives us all the trees we like forever!

IMG_9123.JPG

We built 4 wood sheds and they were all full at the start of this Fall. Now the smallest one is empty and working on the next one.

IMG_9659.JPG

IMG_9660.JPG

IMG_9661.JPG

IMG_9662.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

Boy you sent us packing @combatwombat to the land of OTG for sure on this one but you did start the convo about wood cutting ya know :smuggrin:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Oh yeah it is, we kicked the furnace to the curb when we moved in here 21 years ago.
Bought a gas wood splitter to save our bodies some damage. Eventually had to invest in a new saw.

View attachment 145544

I have a friend now up the road who gives us all the trees we like forever!

View attachment 145545

We built 4 wood sheds and they were all full at the start of this Fall. Now the smallest one is empty and working on the next one.

View attachment 145546

View attachment 145547

View attachment 145548

View attachment 145549

View attachment 145550

Boy you sent us packing @combatwombat to the land of OTG for sure on this one but you did start the convo about wood cutting ya know :smuggrin:
wooooow :D
let's open the wood topic!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
wooooow :D
let's open the wood topic!!!
what--you mean branch off on another subject? I'll go out on a limb and say, ah, no; CW's leafing this subject alone, it's not his special-tree. And don't bark at me that you wanna, either; we'll put this one in the trunk and lock it--no pining for re-opening the subject. That's the root of CW's issue; tooooo much time considering what ELSE he could be leavin' behind. Don't be a sap and fir the love o God, it's oak-k to bamboo-zle us with wood topics, but if you wood, you need a kick in the aspen...oak-k, oak-k, I'm a stoppin'..!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well @brokensword aren't you just a truck load of funny sticks, lumbering around out there in the splintering toothpicks trying not to make an Ash of yourself but hey Yew are a Peach in my Paper Bark book even if you are one Monkey Puzzle of a Nut case :smuggrin:
1640124685633.gif

Oh I forgot one more bunch of wood in a temporary covered thingy. Wasn't enough room anywhere else for it. This stuff still needs cutting up.
IMG_9663.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We put in a small ventless propane stove in our living room, between it and our windows that is all we heat with. No thanks to a wood stove, have one in the basement used it once, never since.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well @brokensword aren't you just a truck load of funny sticks, lumbering around out there in the splintering toothpicks trying not to make an Ash of yourself but hey Yew are a Peach in my Paper Bark book even if you are one Monkey Puzzle of a Nut case :smuggrin:
View attachment 145572

Oh I forgot one more bunch of wood in a temporary covered thingy. Wasn't enough room anywhere else for it. This stuff still needs cutting up.
View attachment 145569
AWWWWWWWWW; isn't that just the CUTEST lil wood depository anyone ever SAW??????? How can ANYONE resist??? I had a nutter idea, but you'll probably just spark it down as inFLAME-tory asphyxiations of my mind, right???

Anyone who SEES your lil wood covey though, sure should LIKE THIS POST! C'mon, you know you wanna! Let's see if we can get JDUB over the 10 like hurdle. Okay, that's all I gots, JDUB; I'm stumped!

(you know not what you hath unleashed, O' Queenie; I can do this all day and a month of Sundays!)

Ask a Question