sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
how true .I have never seen a time when I am netting the pond that they don't swim into the net and then darn things don't want to get out

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When you try to catch a fish.....NO WAY!

When you're just netting stuff out of the pond......can't keep the silly fishies out of the net!!!

This happens to me 100% of the time! I have a watering can I use to water my flower pots and I fill it from the pond. The fish always try to swim into it. When I am netting out gunk I can't keep the fish away from the net. When I get in the pond to put lily tabs in the lily pots the fish swarm me.

But I decide its time to catch a few and all the sudden they disappear and are impossible to catch.

The only explanation I can think of is fish read minds. Therefor they know in advance what your intent is.

The only way to prevent fish mind reading is aluminum tinfoil hats. Double layer, shiny side in and a shiny side out. The shiny side in keeps your brain waves in and the shiny side out deflects the fish's ability to manipulate your thoughts.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Mine won't get near a net regardless of what I am doing with it. They must have overheard me say that some of them are heading to a new home.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I feel the same mmathis and found neglect paid off pond is clear and fish are fine and healthy .When I do have the time to rest I want to sit and not move

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The only way to prevent fish mind reading is aluminum tinfoil hats. Double layer, shiny side in and a shiny side out. The shiny side in keeps your brain waves in and the shiny side out deflects the fish's ability to manipulate your thoughts.

I'm running out first thing in the morning and getting a big roll of aluminum foil!! :D
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Fortunately some of my fish are slow.... But some are insane. The hi fin banded shark is the king of stealth but he never dives into the net. The ranchus and lionheads do that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
When you try to catch a fish.....NO WAY!

When you're just netting stuff out of the pond......can't keep the silly fishies out of the net!!!
Ahahahahahaha! Next time you want to catch a fish just dont look and repeat over and over, "I dont want to catch you." Lol!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Mine do the same thing! Or if I'm on a quest to net a particular fish, that's the ONLY one that won't hop right in the net!

Ask a Question