Dimelius' pond

Buddy's heaven
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They love the sun but I know only some of them can survive in extreme heat. There are a couple species that grow in florida.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
They love the sun but I know only some of them can survive in extreme heat. There are a couple species that grow in florida.
Most of the 6 native pitcher plant species (serracenia) in Florida grow north of Tampa, but University of Florida teases me that with proper care in a bog, they could grow this far south. Obviously, I need a bigger bog.
My local nursery has a sign where they sell them, "Warning: carnivorous plants may consume unattended dhildren."

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Mine grow directly into water, in shallow water and right now we got around 40 celsius and during afternoon.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Mine grow directly into water, in shallow water and right now we got around 40 celsius and during afternoon.
Whoa! That's really hot! The heat waves all over Europe have been in the news here. Not fun.
Meanwhile, our afternoon temperatures have been around 30-33, still a bit hot, but nothing like what's happening there! On the other hand, Hamas has been firing rockets at our population centers, so there's always something... ;-)

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Over 40 celsius for a week...is just insane, my pond nd turtle tube lost like 10cm of water in few days..
That is crazy hot! Sadly, saying this is the 'new normal' is probably overly-optimistic... Looks like CO2 levels have already passed two of the major tipping points, with worse to come. Ugh!

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Here where i live the problem is, no rain...rain like 3 times in the 2022...
I'm guessing that's not typical?

Here, we generally don't get any rain at all after March, and not all that much even after January. Very dry all year long but when the winter rains start, it floods. This time of year, I tend to forget what rain even looks like!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love that purple lily! well lilac color.

I am adding a hour of water everyday to my ponds. The hot tub pond loses about a inch a day. We are sitting in the high 90's for the next week or so.
Here where i live the problem is, no rain...rain like 3 times in the 2022...
Wow that is unreal we have had a bunch of rain in the state, here at my home we are behind. Just south they have had up to 5 inches in a storm.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I'm guessing that's not typical?

Here, we generally don't get any rain at all after March, and not all that much even after January. Very dry all year long but when the winter rains start, it floods. This time of year, I tend to forget what rain even looks like!
looks like to be in a desert...here can rain for a week long during the spring...and a lot....

Ask a Question