Dimelius' pond

Buddy's heaven
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love that purple lily! well lilac color.

I am adding a hour of water everyday to my ponds. The hot tub pond loses about a inch a day. We are sitting in the high 90's for the next week or so.

Wow that is unreal we have had a bunch of rain in the state, here at my home we are behind. Just south they have had up to 5 inches in a storm.
I have the same purple lilly . I was told it's a hybrid. it has the color of tropical lillys. But it survives the ct winters this is the third or fourth year it has come back. But I do make sure it does not freeze and place it in 2to 3 feet of water for the winter.
It at least looks to be the same type . Love them
20220724_112922.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Don't take those blooms for granted. I haven't had one Lily bloom yet this season.
Damn, did you fertilize em?
Pond of friend w/o flowers for years...i just fertilized this year and lilies are no stop blooming.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Damn, did you fertilize em?
Pond of friend w/o flowers for years...i just fertilized this year and lilies are no stop blooming.
They lover fertilizer. I put in 1/4 cup osmocote at the beginning and or end of the season, dumped under the kitty litter. Carries them through the summer for flowers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
They lover fertilizer. I put in 1/4 cup osmocote at the beginning and or end of the season, dumped under the kitty litter. Carries them through the summer for flowers.
I fertilize them every 20/30 days...mine are under booster eheh
When I go in for maintenance i just put in some fertilize :)

They love fertilize and splitting....but my friend situation was different; like 10 years in normal buckets w/o holes and w/o any kind of split...the poor lilies were only roots

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I do fertilize, but only once in the spring. Guess I need to fertilize more. ;) Plus I think I have mine sitting pretty low in the water.
For sure eheh. If the pads are on surface i think doesnt matter how deep they are because they reached the surface.(this if they are placed at the righe deep)

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Really happy of this progress to be 1st year...prolly next year i will split the waterlilies

Wow, that's some change! And what a great selection of water lilies! Makes me want to go out and buy more lilies... But at the moment, I can't afford them. I'll just have to wait until next year.

Ask a Question