Dividing water lily

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Not horrible at all! I've seen many lilies for sale labeled at "pink" or "white" with no actual name attached. As long as you enjoy it, who cares! It's beautiful!
Thank you! I don't feel like I did much other than to put it in a pot, it did all the rest lol! I do agree that it is a nice flower.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
I'm going to sound horrible here but, I'm not sure of the exact type. I got it from Lowes when I first started the pond. It's probably in the sun about 1/2 of the day. It gets pretty much full afternoon/evening sun. And thank you!
I saw the shade and the pretty flower and was thinking it would work for me. I get about 1/2 day sun as well and it's hard finding small lilies that do well when not in full sun. No worries... maybe I'll check out Lowes and get lucky! :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here are some shade lilies

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My tip (if it wasn’t already mentioned)….. use a SHALLOW pan! Their roots don’t go very deep and if you use a deep pan, you’ll end up with a lily sitting on top of a HEAVY pot of smelly, gross :sick::yuck: kitty litter (if that’s what you use). I didn’t know that at first and thought if I used a deeper pan/pot, it would give the roots more room to grow and spread out and I wouldn’t have to repot as often. Nope!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
My tip (if it wasn’t already mentioned)….. use a SHALLOW pan! Their roots don’t go very deep and if you use a deep pan, you’ll end up with a lily sitting on top of a HEAVY pot of smelly, gross :sick::yuck: kitty litter (if that’s what you use). I didn’t know that at first and thought if I used a deeper pan/pot, it would give the roots more room to grow and spread out and I wouldn’t have to repot as often. Nope!
I went ahead and divided them up and replanted back into pea gravel like before. But I guess it's not too late to change things. Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I just wanted to say it looks like the divide went well. Thanks for the great advice I once again received! I will post some flower pics once they come out.

Attachments

• lillys.jpeg
    lillys.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 14

Ask a Question