Does temperature affect water clarity?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I think this may help you understand why the water apprears clearer at lower temperatures it seems that Diatoms Algae and bluegreen algae all have optimum conditions at which they like to reproduce.
Diatoms appear to grow best at 15-25° C., green algae at 25-35° C., and blue-green algae at 30-40°so as the temperature starts dropping then less algae produced,.
This also I believe ties in with Meyers answer about water density though I may be wrong :-

http://www.watercenter.org/physical...temperature-effects-on-fish-and-aquatic-life/

It makes for interesting reading Maggie and should help answer your question.

Dave

Did you notice the optimal/preferred temperature that this article assigned to Carp?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Did you notice the optimal/preferred temperature that this article assigned to Carp?

When I see mistakes like that, I just take them for what they are - misprints.
It doesn't necessarily take away from the validity of the rest of the article.
The mistake should be pointed out though. Carp do not prefer a temperature of 32c. 23c would be more accurate.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
When I see mistakes like that, I just take them for what they are - misprints.
It doesn't necessarily take away from the validity of the rest of the article.
The mistake should be pointed out though. Carp do not prefer a temperature of 32c. 23c would be more accurate.:)

Yes I have to agree with you there Mitch didnt notice it at first but going back through again I picked up on it .

Thanx for pointing it out now how do we go about contacting them to tell them they made a mistake .

Dave

Ask a Question