DrDaves Ponds Aug 23 2009

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Smirf1405 said:
veryvery nice.what is that plant called that you moved to see the fish in the 2de(blue) pond ?

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I am going to try and answer everyone in this post.

The floating island in the nursery pond is loaded with Hyssop. It has had Parotts feather, water lettuce and duckweed in it as well, but the Hyssop has taken over.

As for accent, that is a Norwegian, North Dakotan, Californian, English accent. My boss is from the UK and I have to get him to explain himself once in a while, right?

Avance, the Corvette video and yard walk around is next, maybe I will put on my Viking outfit to try and compete with your clown outfit.

As for the megapixels, it is a Fujifilm E550 that shoots 6.5MP stills, I am not sure about the video resolution. You could Google that model to get it.

I need to get a new pump for the big waterfall. The 5200 GPH pump started leaking oil so I had to remove it.

The waterfall is really a structure whos infrastructure can be seen on my website under Doc Filter.

I have a gardener come in for about 5 hours a week to help with the acre I have that is part of DrDavesWorld.

The bad part is; with the water rationing, I have had to allow some plants to suffer in order to keep the Koi healthy. We really need rain badly.

Just got home from my day job, need to tend to the kids, all 3 thousand or more of them.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
noobfisher said:
love the bridge where did you get it from? they are so expensive everywhere

I design and build them. They are easy. If you need plans, I do have a CD available on my website that gives you everything you need to do. All sites are unique so knowing how to layout the arch to support weight are critical. It takes about a day with common tools to build one.

Materials are about $50 including paint and screws for most bridges.

Reaction score
Wow what a setup Doc ! Great video. How long did it take you to do all of that, it looks like a few years of work there eh?

Beautiful !

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Well we just finished filming the start of a documentary on Koi Ponding. :biggrin:

The producer told me it will be several weeks before a 1st cut will be available for viewing.

In all, we did almost an hour of tape so hopefully they have enough. When it is ready to go live, I will post a link to it.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My You Tube video helped get their attention. One of the secrets there is short, informative and don't dwell in any place while shooting. Keep information (narrative) and the camera flowing.

Yes and no. First this will go onto a website for filmakers to be judged, if it is chosen, then it gets placed on their premier site for professional filmakers. From there who knows?

There is a lot of editing that must be done along with some magic they perform (special effects). Then we will do a series of clinics. I need to outline a few routines we go through as ponders and these will get filmed. So in all, there will be a series of 5 minute clips. Maybe a dozen or so. Ideas considered...?

And yes, I am in them.

Ask a Question