Eclipse today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I can only imagine the fear the ancient people must have felt when an eclipse happened. For us, it becomes an anticipated media event - for them, it came seemingly out of nowhere and they had no idea if it would end or happen again... quite frightening I'm sure!

I find these things to be interesting, but not with the kind of spiritual fervor I saw some relating on the coverage we watched. I mean, the planets, the moons, the stars, the universe - it all moves and stays in motion every single minute of every single day and we don't seem to notice. To me, that's awe inspiring. But let someone pass in front of someone else for a brief few minutes and we all go goofy. Now the fact that we are able to calculate to the exact second when these events will happen many years in advance - I'm impressed by that!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
To me, that's awe inspiring.

What amazes me is how insanely huge the universe is. So large that we aren't even sure if it ends or how it ends. Is it foreverness? If it does end, what causes it to end? Does that mean there's something else beyond that? If so, does that end, or does existence just stretch into eternity? It would be hard to imagine something that goes forever, but hard to imagine that it somehow ends with nothing beyond it. Then you have to think about how many other versions of living things are out there and if they are as intelligent as we are, or if intelligence even applies that that form of life. Or if that form of life even coincides with what we consider life to be.

Ask a Question