Electrical headache!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
One GFI in the breaker box is all that would be needed. Less connections = less possible problems.

There we go...

I think a gfci breaker would be more susceptible to tripping.
The length of run would cause enough current leaks to cause a gfci breaker to trip.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm thinking at one time when we first started with this there was a gfi breaker in the box. It was replaced because it was tripping and that's when the wiring was updated but that was many years ago.
At least now I know that the electrical box we have could have been an issue. Didn't know that breakers have to be certified for the brand of box or home owners insurance can deny payment in case of fire!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Right.
Never mind carpenters, plumbers, electricians or even building inspectors.
Insurance companies are the ones that have the final say.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had no idea until hubby went to get a new breaker and was told Challenger boxes had problems and the 2 local stores don't carry breakers for them. Electrical was checked when new deck went in but nothing was said about box.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well it's been almost 3 weeks since the wiring nightmare. Hundreds of dollars and too many trips to the hardware store and I am happy to report that all new wiring has been run for both ponds! We still have to bury the conduit ( hubby as I did all the wiring) but switched everything over to the new circuit and it's all running! So tired but so happy. We managed to eliminate 5 splices so there shouldn't be any more problems. Thanks again to all of you for the help.

Ask a Question