Enjoying the mild temps

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The fish are doing great and they are pretty active with this mild weather. Here is a pic from the outdoor camera. Last year I had already shut everything down except for the aeration by now.

Channel01_20141226140741_622.jpg

Here is a dusting of snow we had a couple weeks ago with a blue jay in the stream

Channel01_20141211120048_484.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
RobAmy at the moment here in our part of the world we are getting temperatures around the 10c mark but at night it fair plummets to -4c but it has been as low as -10c .
The rest of the UK got a heavy drop of snow , in my home town my Mum and Dad had to leave who they were visiting early for fear of getting snowed in .
dp its best not to take this warm spell for granted even though it is nice to see the fish , I've a feeling weve not seen the worst of it yet

Dave

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very cool pic of the Blue Jay in the stream!!

We had an early cold stretch in November with temps lower than I have seen at that time of year, but now we're in a stretch of 50s and haven't had snow since November. Hopefully these last few cold months are easy on me.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are swimming around, We are having a "normal" winter, temperatures doing the bounce.

And our md bees are out and flying in force, it is 55 degrees at home, heading to 60 I can see them flying into our deck pond sipping water.
beesb.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice pix of your lovely pond, snow and pretty bird. Just wet here as usual.Fish don't seem to mind the rain :D

Ask a Question