Ever wonder?

Reaction score
lmao... now that would be my second question wondering if people think i would be mean and say something like can't you read....l

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Okay, so start us off. WHY shouldn't we ask? (I never WAS any good at following orders.)
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My name came from my first initial P, middle initial E, and the first 3 letters of my maiden last name Can. = PECan :) It has been my evil alias for years now LOL

But my mild mannered persona goes by Liz

Don't Ask, tell me about yours.

Reaction score
mine has a long history with me and maybe others can relate.. here goes.. you know when you do/did something stupid and someone asked how'd you do that? and my comment would always be "don't ask"

and my other persona is Andre

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy was my first girl yorkie, She lived to 14. My email is my little girl yorkie taken by the coyote, my chat room name is missy, she is laying on my lap as i type

and you said dont ask..............

Reaction score
Spring of '09, my DH was laid off...we had just noticed the 24' above ground pool had a worse leak then when we closed it the previous winter and could not afford a new liner. We did not want to take down the pool, yet, we had 12-18" of water in the pool and did not want to breed mosquitos that summer. I also did not want to add chemicals, like mosquito dunks to control the mosquitos. A friend flippantly stated, "why don't you put a few Walmart feeder goldfish in the pool to keep down the mosquitos?" And so we did. I added 4 and then the next weekend, since they were still living, I added 4 more and our pool/pond was born. We added a couple of sandbags over the split in the liner where the wall of the liner meets the floor. Mother Nature added rain water that summer. We ended up with Gray Treefrogs and dragonfly's in that pond. We also added a bit more water in the way of a sprinkler to cool down the water temps. As rain accumulated, I ended up feeding the fish occasionally. We bought a stock tank heater to keep a hole free during the winter and the fish survived the winter. The next Spring, a female Green Frog arrived, I made up a bunch of floating planters and scoured the "almost dead zone" of plants @ Lowes and made the floating planters. The water was clear and the fish thrived and even spawned. The female Green Frog invited a little fella and they laid eggs in both the pool/pond and the kiddy pool. We floated some water hyacinths and decide it was officially a pond. The same friend was closing her pond and she gave me some water lilly's and a Pickerel Rush and another friend gave me a Lizards Tail...all are thriving. So, when I joined this forum, we were truly living on a shoestring and my husband was unemployed for 22 mos...thus Shoestring Ponder! :goldfish:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Love the story, nice how the old pool became a pond, kinda reminds me of my first pond, I was only 19 or so and I dug a hole in the front flower bed and put a bubbler and the goldfish from my 10 gallon fish tank in it. I used a black piece if plastic that I got from somewhere, was not a pond liner, but it worked and I stuck in some hornwort and was very happy with the little pond! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Not a lot of depth to mine....My name is Jen, last name starts with H. I'm sure ya'all probably had that figured out already.....But to answer your question, yep I wonder that sometimes too....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Easy............j first letter of first name...........w first letter of last name. Really is j.w see the dot in the middle? Well somebody already had the jw w/o the dot but heck they don't even come here anymore so I feel I got ripped,lol!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I gave myself the nick name "mad hatter" cause I'm from Medicine Hat. Some people probally think I'm mad cause I do things much different than most, maybe I scare some off, but once most people get to know me, they seem to really like me. People at work used to be horrified of me I'm sure, now they all like me, they come over and we have little get togethers by the pond and talk about work stress. I'm usually quite happy, except after days of rain, stress out about the flood coming to get me, some years the water creeps pretty close to the house, has not got me yet....

Reaction score
This is a pretty neat thread. I too have wondered how some people decide upon their online names. It is cool to read the stories, simple or involved behind each personna. :goldfish: Thank you for starting it. ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy was my first girl yorkie, She lived to 14. My email is my little girl yorkie taken by the coyote, my chat room name is missy, she is laying on my lap as i type

and you said dont ask..............

Missy was found in the desert a friend gave her to my late hubby and me, he named her missy. I used Missy as my chat room name after hubby passed. My new honey's dog was named Missy, he started chatting with me in the chat room, since I used the same name as his dog. Long story short I retired, moved across country, married and built a new pond.............all because of my little yorkies name.

Ask a Question