Evergreen plants around a pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I have a small inground pond and waterfall. I currently have an established canna, small nandina (red-tipped bamboo-type), and red hot poker planted around the pond. Also one canna in a pot on the waterfall. I live at 5200 feet where it gets cold, and sometimes snows, in the winter, and in the 80s, and sometimes 90s, during the summer. I welcome recommendations on additional plants for outside the edge of the pond & waterfall. I'm hoping to find some evergreens as well as other colorful plants. Thanks for any help you can give.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like almost any plant zone 5 to 7 The high altitude is the unknown that i can see

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
There's a website called High Country Gardens that specializes in western native plants. Their quality is very good & their website offers lots of great information. If you go browsing there, you might find some things you'd like to try that would be happy in your climate.

Ask a Question