Evergreen plants around a pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I have a small inground pond and waterfall. I currently have an established canna, small nandina (red-tipped bamboo-type), and red hot poker planted around the pond. Also one canna in a pot on the waterfall. I live at 5200 feet where it gets cold, and sometimes snows, in the winter, and in the 80s, and sometimes 90s, during the summer. I welcome recommendations on additional plants for outside the edge of the pond & waterfall. I'm hoping to find some evergreens as well as other colorful plants. Thanks for any help you can give.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like almost any plant zone 5 to 7 The high altitude is the unknown that i can see

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
There's a website called High Country Gardens that specializes in western native plants. Their quality is very good & their website offers lots of great information. If you go browsing there, you might find some things you'd like to try that would be happy in your climate.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question