j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh PL I can't believe how far ahead in blooms you are then us here. Everything looks so nice and colorful in your photo's :)
Ok so you that have that poker plant, how long does it bloom?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Now I see why you call yourself pondlover, it looks like a labor of love to me! Great looking fish by the way. Did I happen to mention that I love LOVE LOOOVE your stump! Hmmm..... Where did you say you live..... better lock that one up! :) :) :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gosh PL I can't believe how far ahead in blooms you are then us here. Everything looks so nice and colorful in your photo's :)
Ok so you that have that poker plant, how long does it bloom?

my poker plant has been blooming for about a month now tons of blooms on it.
DSC03382.jpg

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am not sure if that Poker plant is what I picked up the other day from the garden store. I thought it said poker but now can't remember. It looks similar to what you have pictured but no blooms as this is very tiny still. I got four of them and planted one in the bog just to see what would happen.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well that's pretty cool that it blooms for so long addy. I'm getting me some of those! Beautiful plants!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My poker plant didn't bloom as long as Addy's. Maybe next year it will bloom much longer. We've been so busy that I haven't been on here much lately. I've had to get caught up on everyone's ponds and haven't posted anything new. :razz:
Here are some pics of my pond and some plants.
Some pics of the pond at night since we've added the deck lights.I also added another Japanese Maple. Picture quality isn't that great.
photo1a.JPG photo1b.JPG photo1i.JPG
Some of my water lily's. All except the purple with the marble pads came from Addy. Thanks again Addy. :razz:
photo1h.JPG photo1e.JPG photo1c.JPG photo1c.JPG
And a picture of the bloom that I got from my cactus. A friend only gave it to me about 2 months ago, it started with just one piece and has tripled in size and bloomed. She has never had a bloom on hers and said she was taking it back. lol
photo1f.JPG
And I can't forget my Koi!
pond 027.JPG pond 023.JPG pond 028.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh wow PL your pond looks beautiful! Your pup thinks so too looking down at your pretty fish. And lucky you w/ all the nice blooms.............mine are still trying but they are young, they need time to grow and flourish so I'll try to be patient :rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What the heck? Never heard of a poker plant before, sure is pretty cool looking! Wonder if it grows in Canada?

Redhot poker plant Kniphofia uvaria is commonly known as a Red Hot Poker, Torch Lily or sometimes a Tritoma

Mine has been blooming for a month or so now, this is its second year, One has more yellow, one has the orange and yellow. The orange one bloomed first the yellow one is now blooming like crazy.

sites say down to zone 5

pl glad your lilies are doing great! give them time and they will do better lol. Add a fert tab now and then, groom the leaves and buds now and then they will love you. I groomed mine pretty hard this year, some are taking their time growing, some are taking off like crazy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I only fertilize my water lilies, don't have lotus and all my other plants suck the nutrition out of the pond that my fish leave as a prezzie :goldfish:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just fertilize the lilies and lotus, others on their own, suck the pond dry of fish presents.

Ask a Question