img_3271-jpg.70392

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love the look of the in-ground pit, too. However, in our town you cannot burn on the ground, so the metal pit is our only choice. I do like the fact that we can move ours around though, as it's on wheels.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
In my town we just need to use a screen. I haven't actually used my new pit yet, since I still need to buy a new screen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
We had one for years and used it all the time, but recently foud out that we could be fined $2500 for using it if someone complained. Check your by-laws before you put one in. We needed to get rid of ours anyay. I needed the space foor the bog, and as our white ash tree grew, it ended up being to close. I sure miss having it though.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Fire pits are great, and pretty popular up here.

What's better is cleaning up my carpentry build sites and "disposing" of the western red cedar end cuts;).

Don't burn pressure treated lumber. Bad juju.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
We have a portable fire pit as well as a 5 foot steel fire ring. The fire ring gets used quite often and the portable seems to only be used by our scout troop when they do the flag retirements.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
Fire pits are great, and pretty popular up here.

What's better is cleaning up my carpentry build sites and "disposing" of the western red cedar end cuts;).

Don't burn pressure treated lumber. Bad juju.

We're not even supposed to have chimneas here in this township snoozer ( you're pretty near-by to me). However, we're getting a chimnea to replace our fire pit. This one has a grill on top and can burn charcoal, so I think we can get away with having it. When the fire captain saw what we had originaly, that's when I found out about the fine. He said we can't burn wood, unless it has a grill for cooking. I think we'll circumvent the by-law with that chimnea :D ... at least I hope so ;)

Ask a Question