Firestone liner, how do you work the edge without rocks

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Ouida Here are a couple of ideas I had a few years back. Alas, I haven't edged my pond yet, either..... Just haven't gotten around to it. I love rocks, but they're just not conveniently available to us Louisianaians. What I'll eventually do is use landscape blocks all around the outer edges, then cap this off level with the pond edge using flagstone-type rock -- although I still toy with the PVC pipe border.....

As to my liner, I have the extra folded under and tucked as close to the pond edge as I can get it.
IMG_9085.JPG

BTW, these are Google images....not my pond. My work wouldn't be anywhere near that nice and neat!

IMG_9086.JPG

My drawing of what colored or stained PCV pipe might look like....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@Ouida Here are a couple of ideas I had a few years back. Alas, I haven't edged my pond yet, either..... Just haven't gotten around to it. I love rocks, but they're just not conveniently available to us Louisianaians. What I'll eventually do is use landscape blocks all around the outer edges, then cap this off level with the pond edge using flagstone-type rock -- although I still toy with the PVC pipe border.....

As to my liner, I have the extra folded under and tucked as close to the pond edge as I can get it.
View attachment 98822
BTW, these are Google images....not my pond. My work wouldn't be anywhere near that nice and neat!

View attachment 98823
My drawing of what colored or stained PCV pipe might look like....
I would have never thought of staining pvc. I got on clearence, these textured blocks with hollow centers. I have them around my pool, and they are great as planters. So that's what's on two side on the pond, they also raised the low end of pond. The water goes right up to them, and I think in looks ok. Would look better with larger rocks. Still working on it. And I'll probably say that for next few years. Lol. But it does give me something to work on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Yep, I see that too. I made it so high thinking it would settle. Will likely redo these edges at some point. You can see our attempt to make a shallow shelfs on the other side, however on this side we don't have the room to expand to a shallow shelf. It's a learning process for me for sure. I don't like to give up, worst case, will redo the whole thing next year. Lol. I already think that rock n roll edge stuff is the way to go without large rocks. But yes, I do not like that side, the other side needs work too. That liner is a pain.
lol yes i think its something that looks simple but when we do it 1st time we need to redo it several times until we get it how to do , i did same and learnt in process , still its never perfect at 1st attempt .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I like the hollow blocks on the right side - you could plant some trailing plants or even succulents in them. That would be very pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I would have never thought of staining pvc. I got on clearence, these textured blocks with hollow centers. I have them around my pool, and they are great as planters. So that's what's on two side on the pond, they also raised the low end of pond. The water goes right up to them, and I think in looks ok. Would look better with larger rocks. Still working on it. And I'll probably say that for next few years. Lol. But it does give me something to work on.
have u tried lowering water level and tucking the liner under blocks on that edge ? i think it wud hide more and wud look neat and very little will b seen which cud b covered with pebbles then

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I like the hollow blocks on the right side - you could plant some trailing plants or even succulents in them. That would be very pretty!
me too , i was looking for such blocks for a wall top for plantation ... but i cud only find pots of that shape which were very expensive compared to blocks .

Ask a Question