Fish stuck in intake pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been cleaning my filters today. An before I had chance to put the filter back on the intake pipe one of my fish have swam into it an got stuck. I've managed to get him back out an revived him, but he keeps going upside down etc. Has anyone got any suggestions to what I can do to try and save him?

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your fish. Not sure there is much you can do at this point, may have some internal injuries from the suction if nothing obvious externally. The only thing that comes to mind would be to isolate it in the pond in a net or something, or a quarantine tank to see if it recovers and keep it from picked at by the other fish.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Moose.gif
@Philip24.
I think all you can do is watch and wait and hope for the best. The fish may have been ill already and not strong enough to keep out of the suction. Sorry this is happening :(

Ask a Question