Fish Tower

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
I was wondering if anyone has seen this or has tried something like it. I'm not sure if I like it or not but it does add an interesting feature to a pond.
FishTower.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Never had one but heard the water that is in the bubble gets really warm and stale. Does look cool tho.

Reaction score
I like them. I had thought about putting one in my pond, not as a full time feature, but maybe something you do when friends are coming over etc. I hadn't thought about it getting hot and stale, but I guess if you used it occasionally and took it out each time, it would be a fun interesting feature to ohhh and ahhhh your friends.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You can buy koi domes in the UK only thing thats stopping me ???........................the £2,000 price tag

Dave

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
You can buy koi domes in the UK only thing thats stopping me ???........................the £2,000 price tag

Dave
I have seen people using regular fish tanks for this purpose. This one I see was just a 20 gallon tank and the guy had plants going up in it. Some of the pictures the tank was nearly lost in the background and it looked as though the fish were just flying around checking out the landscaping.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i started a thread on these a few years back.(add-a-sphere is the most popular)... that said, i'd bet you could run a small pump, maybe solar, to keep some circulation in one. minimizing any heat and stagnancy issues, my biggest concern would be the constant cleaning of algeas off the interior of it. and the exterior under the water line. my thoughts on them, are that they're likey better suited for indoor use.

Reaction score
i started a thread on these a few years back.(add-a-sphere is the most popular)... that said, i'd bet you could run a small pump, maybe solar, to keep some circulation in one. minimizing any heat and stagnancy issues, my biggest concern would be the constant cleaning of algeas off the interior of it. and the exterior under the water line. my thoughts on them, are that they're likey better suited for indoor use.

DARN THOSE ARE SOME NICE FISH THERE, I really like the orange and red with the long flowy fins. I like this idea but I think it has a lot of flaws, Especially the algae issue

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
I agree with Pricilla, it would be a good add on feature for a backyard party, but not practical for continuous use.

I have a cylindrical terrarium that i was planning to use for that purpose.....on my long list of projects....

Ask a Question