Fixing a depression where water is pooling

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am not sure how fast the water flows, but maybe a well placed rock can send the current back to the little area that is depressed to circulate the water there? (Pretty pond.)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lisak, yes to the right of the green stone. Water flows and pools in the area that looks like dried mud...which it is.

Then I think my idea would work - just create water flow there to push the water from that area back towards the waterfall. And you wouldn't need a lot of flow - just enough to keep the water moving.

The other alternative is to just consider that an area that needs cleaning and spray it with a hose or even dump a bucket of pond water there every now and then to rinse it out.

Reaction score
Well, I went to HD, got some playground sand, cut a large trash bag in half, filled it with sand and slopped it away from the area (Rim of the stream over the depressed area) in hopes that the water has no depression to pool up.Took an old piece of liner and covered it and put a stone on it . Replaced the gravel and it looks ok but we shall see. Will spread gravel out evenly after I hose the whole thing down.

Lisak1 In the past I placed large stones and even took out my wet/dry vacuum periodically to get the gunk out. Hopefully this will work and eliminate dragging out the vac, cutting down on maintenance
IMAG0153.jpg

Thanks for all your input.

Ask a Question