floating particles

PS3

Reaction score
here is a pic of my fines filter i got a 5 gallon bucket i drilled a hole
at the top to put the hose in from my pump and i drilled a hole
at the bottom so the water goes back and iam useing a old sweat shirt
i leave my fines filter runing allmost all day and it gets all the crud.

Reaction score
These forums are terrific! I never knew that you could have such a setup to filter the water.

It makes me think more about a pond redesign (provided the budget can afford it!) to incorporate these ideas. Considering where our pond came from (literally a mud hole with goldfish that had been abandoned by the previous owners) - we've come a long way - but we still have issues to resolve. I guess we haven't done too bad for ourselves considering we had NO help along the way and we've been winging it!

Reaction score
These forums are terrific! I never knew that you could have such a setup to filter the water.

It makes me think more about a pond redesign (provided the budget can afford it!) to incorporate these ideas. Considering where our pond came from (literally a mud hole with goldfish that had been abandoned by the previous owners) - we've come a long way - but we still have issues to resolve. I guess we haven't done too bad for ourselves considering we had NO help along the way and we've been winging it!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Ponding on the cheep ...you dont have to spend 500$ for a filter that wont work as good

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Ponding on the cheep ...you dont have to spend 500$ for a filter that wont work as good

Reaction score
Best fines filter that i know of is a Sand & Gravel filter... not as hard to build and not too expensive, for your size you can make 2 of them, maybe three and run them parallel, not in a series. I am just finishing up mine today. Very easy to build and from what ive read, best fines filtration without breaking the bank

Reaction score
Best fines filter that i know of is a Sand & Gravel filter... not as hard to build and not too expensive, for your size you can make 2 of them, maybe three and run them parallel, not in a series. I am just finishing up mine today. Very easy to build and from what ive read, best fines filtration without breaking the bank

Ask a Question