floating particles

PS3

Reaction score
chilligirl i posted pics of my fines filter. but if u have mud or dirt on the bottom.
you really need to vac the bottom of the pond. fines filter just gets all the little stuff
out of the water. keep us updated

Reaction score
PS3 said:
chilligirl i posted pics of my fines filter. but if u have mud or dirt on the bottom.
you really need to vac the bottom of the pond. fines filter just gets all the little stuff
out of the water. keep us updated

I did vacuum the bottom. Got up all but the finest stuff. Then put the pump down there to get up anything else that falls. Problem is while the fine stuff used to just settle into the bottom, now with the pump there it's constantly being pumped out and suspended in the water column. My regular filter isn't fine enough to catch this stuff - it's very very fine particles.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
This is a great set of photos and a good way to build one.
I like the removable feature of the milk crate.
It will be a task to clean the foam media but it should do a great job.
Is that activated charcoal in the bag at the bottom?
How many GPH are you pushing through this?

Thanks Dr. D,

I can take the filter out of the box (which is in the bushes) to clean it. I just have to hose off the blue furnace filter and I just throw the white batting away and refill it.

That is activated charcoal in th bottom. I'm not sure if the charcoal is making a difference. My Dad was over tonight though and said he didn't smell the "pond smell" when we were sitting next to it. So maybe it is helping.

There is a 950 gph mag drive pump going through the uvc then into the box.

Ask a Question