floating planter rings

Reaction score
my koi decimate the roots of my hyacinth and lettuce. My goldfish do not, so I just rotate the plants out of the koi pond into the goldfish pond to give them a break. Next spring I'm gonna build two of koiguy's planter rings.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I also posted this in another thread..but has anyone else had squirrels eating their hiacynths? ive seen a squirrel feasting on the bulbous portion of the stem... but, its a real problem when the koi find this part of the plant too....

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I must have hundreds or more squirrels in the fields next to my property. They never come into my yard. Maybe it is because of Smoky.

Attachments

• 2005_Oct 10 Smoky 2.JPG
    2005_Oct 10 Smoky 2.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 457

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
My pastor had a squirrel that come up on their fornt porch and stand in their lap to eat from their hands.

They were expecting company one afternoon when the pastor and his wife heard a ruckus in the front yard, so they went to the front window to look out. What they saw was their expected company being chased aound the front yard by the friendly squirrel. The guy was running and screaming like a girl because he thought he was be attacked by an killer attack squirrel. What the poor guy didn't know was that the squirrel only wanted to greet him and see what this guy might have brought him to eat.

It took the pastor and his wife awhile calm their friend down.

Reaction score
oldmarine said:
The guy was running and screaming like a girl because he thought he was be attacked by an killer attack squirrel.

That is hilareous! I can just picture the killer squirrel with "narly fangs" and the guy yelling, "Run Away, Run Away!" LOL

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Recently I found some styro foam rings that are green at craft store. They are in tended to be used as a wreath that you can stick fake plants into for like a Christmas wreath. I baught one of the biggest ones and it will hold the weight of a circular basket or for containment for floating plants.

Happy ponding,
scratchchin.gif

Reaction score
Well, we need to see your pics, so we've gotta help you.

My method is to start an account with a photo sharing site such as www.photobucket.com. It's really simple to upload the photos there, as you just browse your computer and up they go. Then you just link 'em to GPF. If you upload 'em, gimme a holler and I'll show you how to link.

Not sure if anyone else has any other methods.

Reaction score
I have been going to PAINT on your computer and decrease the image size to about 70%. Then save the edited image and then upload. I know what you mean, I get very irritated also. Good luck

Ask a Question