floating planter rings

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
it seems there is an extra benefit to these plant root protectors it becomes a sanctuary for fry...they can swim freely in and out of them but the larger fish cant. i was going to move some frogbit to my fry tank and as i started to grab a hand full i noticed some movement and low and behold some little guys have taken up residence it the safety of the ring..didnt check how many or the other ring. i will let them be.

Reaction score
I finally made a floating ring last night. Mine doesn't look quite as neat as koiguys but I hope it works. I have a couple of lettuce in it right now. Lets see if they can get to those roots now.
My tubing in a little heavy (hubby did not follow my instructions) - image that????

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
3qtkidz said:
I finally made a floating ring last night. Mine doesn't look quite as neat as koiguys but I hope it works. I have a couple of lettuce in it right now. Lets see if they can get to those roots now.
My tubing in a little heavy (hubby did not follow my instructions) - image that????

would be a first if men did LOL

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
alright stroppy.... not saying anyone here is included, but...men know from experience, that: its just so rare that some women give instructions worth following...HA HA ...LOL back at ya!!

Reaction score
I mad a 60"x12" rectangular one. Worked great. Hopefully my lillis come back soon as they we not doing well at all. Maybe I need to feed the fish more.
No pics, but here is the basic shape:

Used four 90° and 4 T fittings cut the net to the rectagle shape just slightly larger and ziptied all around.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
alright stroppy.... not saying anyone here is included, but...men know from experience, that: its just so rare that some women give instructions worth following...HA HA ...LOL back at ya!!

lmao...............men need to learn to listen to the instructions that we give! then it would be done right! (as we all know men never ask for help or read the instructions manual)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
its men who write those indtructions and product manuals ...for women who dont have a man to explain things to them!!!...lol

Reaction score
I have 3 rings followed the instructions and some how my fish are still getting the water lettuce out of the rings. I come home and find 10 to 20 plants floting in the pond. The water lettuce is small but some are medium size I don't know how they are doing it

KINGART253

KINGART
Reaction score
Dr Dave,
You seem to be knowledgeable and I'm too dumb to know so maybe you can help me. 1000 gal above ground lined pond (like a lap pool) with 2 Koi and a dozen or so Gold fish. Lots of plants under, surface and above. Pond is in 2 parts with water flowing from one to the other. Problem: Hyacinths in pond with fish are dooing poorly while others in pond without fish are doing great. (Lettuce is doing very well also) Lillies in both ponds are thriving, but no flowers, just leaves. Water was fertilized. Why would WH be different in each pond if the water is the same? How can I save the poor WH for future growth ? Fish are well fed regularly. Temperatures are what we in Arizona call warm (others call it hot). Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.
Kingart253

Ask a Question