Floating scum all summer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
Do you have a link to this or the name of the document that contains this statement?
To be honest I can't find it, and while looking at my search history it isn't showing up either, however while looking, I've seen some very authoritative looking links that lead me to believe that I either miss remembered or saw a typo and the range of 3:1 through 10:1 is more excepted. I just deleted the post rather than risk having bad info put out, good catch.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
To be honest I can't find it, and while looking at my search history it isn't showing up either, however while looking, I've seen some very authoritative looking links that lead me to believe that I either miss remembered or saw a typo and the range of 3:1 through 10:1 is more excepted. I just deleted the post rather than risk having bad info put out, good catch.

Preferred ratios are useless unless one has the ability to test the existing levels of Calcium and Magnesium in the water column.
By percent mass (weight), equal amounts of Calcium Chloride and Epson Salts will provide a ratio of about 6:1. There is about 65% Calcium in Calcium Chloride and about 10% Magnesium in Epsom Salts. So this is about mid-range of what you have reported as the suggested range (3:1 to 10:1).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Water movement and aeration are a ponds friend
I'm becoming a convert. I have a lot less snot algae since running the other pump at the bottom of the pond. I think I may look into an aerator.

CharlotteSC, is your pond any better?

Ask a Question