addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Buy a snake catcher. The snake grabbing end nicely clips the stem and you can then grab the pad. Since it was not catching snakes tried it to remove some dead lily leaves. Works great!

1662684382039.png

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Mine is about six feet...perfect for my pond which is only about 900 gallons... One of the few benefits of having a smaller pond this time (my last one was around 16,000 gallons and I couldn't reach anything...)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I do have my pot grabber, it reaches out far enough to get across my big pond. It is a piece of pond equipment I bought 20ish years ago.
It does have a cutting blade, but no grabber when it has cut. I would need to go and look at the name, it is my go to tool.

I use it to draw the pots to the shallow end where I groom them then push them back. The 1000 gallon stock tank pond the snake grabber works great. In that pond the lilies are running free.

What I need to do this year is a iris purge, they are starting to take over the shallow walk out end of the pond.

Ask a Question