water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
this is what the net says

The elegant, sweeping lines of this grass are so lovely that it's a favorite among gardeners. And Japanese forestgrass is one of only a few ornamental grasses that thrive in shade. Its mounding clumps of arching, grassy leaves gradually increase in size, never becoming invasive. Variegated cultivars are particularly attractive. All thrive in moisture-retaining, humus-rich soil and even tolerate dry conditions.

Light:

Part Sun,Shade

Zones:

5-9

Plant Type:

Perennial

Plant Height:

12-14 inches tall

Plant Width:

12-16 inches wide

Landscape Uses:

Containers,Beds & Borders,Slopes,Groundcover

Special Features:

Attractive Foliage,Fall Color,Drought Tolerant,Tolerates Wet Soil,Deer Resistant,Easy to Grow

Reaction score
Big Lou said:
Doing away with what's left of our bog pond so I have plenty of healthy Japanese Reed to give away. If you live in the DFW area all you have to do is let me know by PM then drop by and dig up some or all. Winter hardy.

Really hope someone wants this lovely reed. I have a nice bucket full in our pond.
can i mail u a self paid return box and u sen me some,,,,

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hello Beth!! I hear sprigs of water cress abtained from the grocery store can grow nice in the pond. I am going to try some in the shallow edges of my pond. there should be lots of hardy pond plants to choose from at most greenhouses. Some large store chains in Canada carry pond plant too. I am not from around WV and no idea where to shop or find anything in the states, don't get out of town much.... I know lots of pets stores carry pond plant too, around here .... you will want to look at the plant tag and see what zone the plant is rated for. I suspect that your zone is 5 or 6?? :)

Ask a Question