j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry Malak to be sitting here laughing at your expense but when I try to picture all these scenario's of you trying to catch these frogs.....................it is too much to hold back from laughing out loud :lol: Too bad your woman won't go outside w/ you at night and at least take some pix of you especially when the game warden shows up and you explain to him about trying to catch frogs or when you are up to your neck in the mud :lol:
Happy hunting and hope you somehow manage to catch something to put into your pond
froghaha2.gif

Reaction score
I was going to do both tads & adults actually. And I think they are less likely to leave if nothing is close that seems better. My little frog "puddle" actually has a couple of adults that have stayed there 3-4 years now. I did not want to take those because I want them to make an egg mass for me. And I do remember catching an adult by using a metal detector strainer randomly in the pond. But the population seems alot less than 5 years ago at the source I used.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL jw and the frogs will be doing this...................
frosch193.gif
at you malak!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao would do if we were near you malak.....................that will be a hoot!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
LOL, but why do you have to chase him? Can't you just coax him to where you want him w/ food? Or wait till night and watch where he roosts and then just quietly pick him up. Much more fun tho to envision you slipping through the wet grass after the bugger :lol:

Reaction score
They run and/or fly-hop as soon as you are within 10-15 feet. I use a big fishing net. Getting within net's reach is usually not an issue, but you have to lunge to make your move. I seriously hate roosters. They are such a-holes! Would eat them if I never wanted more eggs to hatch.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well this guy

DSC01385.jpg

made lots of these guys hundreds and more to hatch............

DSC01389.jpg

this is one of my little ponds, some are being washed down into the large pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good work Malak on catching the bird.
Addy, is that a wild plant in there w/ the frog cuz it looks like something I may have seen when out walking but not sure?

Reaction score
Omg malak tell me about it. I went out a week ago and those little freaks shut up when I get sighing 20 feet and it kills me because I try for hours and they just get quite when I'm close by the end of it I had so much mud and twigs on me it looked like I had trees growing out of my feet. I am determined to try and catch some but I need some sort of creek or water way narrow enough to be able to catch them

Ask a Question