Garden Pond 103

Reaction score
IMG_3193.JPG

This is the fish speaking. We have been peeking over the sidewalk and wondering what the progress is with our home expansion. It looks a bit messy over there and we don't see our contractors around very much. Progress! We need progress!

OK, so you go the rain water diversion pipe under the sidewalk. A little rain never hurt us and what do we care if there is a white pipe across the entry to your front porch? It's our front porch we are worried about. Well, that and our home expansion. Quarters, we need quarters.

OK, so you've got fish approved plant stands for the water lilies. Something we can hang out under and in. We approve. Now, could you get back to work please?

Oh, so you did move the end out another 8 inches. That will give us a bit more tail room. Good move.

About the digging? And getting the liner in place?

Engineering? You need engineering advice? What kind of contractors are you anyway. You better make sure our home is water tight. Can't have it loosing water you know.

Hmm, fish mates, are you sure we've picked the right contractors?

Well, yes you have a point. They do feed us well. And there are rumors she is bringing in some special food for that picky betta. You know we are going to have to taste test it also.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It all takes time and better you think it through and take your time ,so no mistakes happen .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's getting there.............I can tell what it's gonna be............right now kinda looks like you had an earthquake w/ a sinkhole.........you didn't did ya :LOL:

Reaction score
Yay! Liner in. A bit of water in it to start the settling before doing the folding and stuff.

IMG_3230.JPG

Sadly a bit of a bummer day, my favorite pale yellow sarassa has gone missing today. Sob. This is a picture from last week or so. kind of took the sails out of my day :sniffles:

IMG_3203.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sad for you Dianne and maybe hopefully he/she is just well hidden somewhere? How do you keep the critters out? If you don't you may have to from now on.
Your new addition is coming along nicely :)

Reaction score
Rain is in the forecast! Garden needs it but means I have to get finished playing with the liner today.

Can not find my pretty yellow goldfish. Took the pump box apart to look for her. Have some hidey holes but would think to see her by now. Fish were bumping and frogs were singing sat night and I laughed at them getting romantic ideas in dec. Monday morning the remaining three goldfish were scooby so I guess it was a predator. Have everything but the kitchen sink floating in the pond. Guess I need to add the sink. Downside of training friendly fish.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What now all your fish are gone? Oh no that's awful! Wonder what got them? Do you have a net over the pond?

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Sorry to here about your fish.
But if is was a predator ( I take it this happened during the night) could be a raccoon.
They will come back night after night, Frankly all predators will
Heron what ever it was. So you really need to put a net or something to keep them out.

Ruben

Reaction score
After determining the weather guessers guessed wrong and there is indeed no rain in Florida in the winter, we put the hose in the pond. Then had a lesson on surface tension.

We have this really nice green ceramic urn that we bought 3 houses ago as the center piece view for walking in the front door. It was marvelous sitting on top an original terrazzo floor with kelly green marble chips. The second house, it had a prime spot near the front entry that worked well. This house, there is no good spot for it. So, I decided to show case it on the way to the front door! We hooked the tubing up yesterday for a wet run, and the water flowed over the edge of the urn and hugged the outerside of the urn all the way down. Hubby grumbled and complained. He wanted it to DRIP LOUDLY over the edge. So he goes off looking for a better solution than the urn. Something that would let it DRIP over the edge. I went off looking for a stick. Dug around deep in the long term memory storage area for the terms and concepts to give hubby a brief primer on surface tension and contact angle. Hubby poked around and experimented with a few things, he likes the gator the best. I'm happy, got my urn by the front door.

IMG_3283.JPG

Ask a Question