Gardening Enthusiasts?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
As this is a garden pond forum, I'm sure we've also got a lot of gardening enthusiasts here too. I was just wondering how many people would consider gardening as a hobby, as if there are quite a few people I may open up a garden forum too (I bought a domain name a long while ago, but never did anything with it).

If it would be of interest, I could open one up at some point in the future :regular_waving_emot.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Well besides all the pond plants I grow, I also have many exotic landscaping plants, trees, both fruit and decorative and we grow our own veggies and peppers. I just posted a video that has a lot of my yards plants on it.
So I will definetly be in.
Dave

Reaction score
Im out! My lawn is nothing but moss (which is great, its not green, but its better than mud, soft on the feet and I never need to cut it lol) and whatever used to be perches and carefully crafted shrubberies have turned in to.. well, forests really lol. Most have grown so high I cant even cut them even if I wanted to.

Dont let that stop you though, Im sure most people here care about gardens as much as ponds.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well me too! hubby wants me to count the number of different plants we now have growing instead of grass. Love plants, i plant for the bees, birds, butterflies even have a wild flower plus grass field for the critters.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good idea........love the plants, flowers and trees
gardening-04.gif

Reaction score
vertigo72 said:
Im out! My lawn is nothing but moss (which is great, its not green, but its better than mud, soft on the feet and I never need to cut it lol) and whatever used to be perches and carefully crafted shrubberies have turned in to.. well, forests really lol. Most have grown so high I cant even cut them even if I wanted to.

Hey vertigo, I'm currently try to convert my (very small) backyard lawn into moss. I could never stop the stuff from growing, so I finally decided that if I couldn't beat 'em I would join 'em.

Any tips for moss gardening? I transplanted some moss at the beginning, but now all I'm doing to watering, slowly removing the competing grass from the existing moss and occasionally fertilizing with rhododendron fertilizer to make the soil a bit more acidic.

Reaction score
Sounds good to me....I'm an avid gardener and grow lots of roses, iris, day lilies, as well as boysenberries, blackberries, veggie garden, many fruit trees and some citrus trees.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I'm in!
Im by no means a gardener, I grow some herbs and peppers, but gardening is the part I really need to learn more about to finish off my pond.

Ask a Question