Geeking out on Nature!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I went out beside the front yard pond today. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement. A striped salamander had run out onto the top of the moss. Usually they stay hidden. I hadn't seen this variety of salamander before, so I quietly got up to get a closer look. Then I saw what I thought was a black beetle coming out from under the moss. Nope. It was a little black ringneck snake! I think he must have been hunting the salamander, who then freaked out and dove into the waterfall!
I love all the little creatures that call my pond home!!!!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love all the creature stuff going on at your pond! Wish more would come to mine. Only a snake now and then in the Summer and a frog or two here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I just love to watch the lizards (I have four types that live under the rocks surrounding my pond) The curly tail lizards are my favorite...My stream is a favorite bath for the birds and they put on quite a show too....I have black snakes slithering around but so for I haven't been visited by a poisonous one..I would love to have salamanders but I think it is too hot here...I have a ton of tadpoles so I am hoping that some of the frogs decide to stay..I don't know though because my pond is not very big....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The only time I ever see lizards is when I am out walking along the road and they come out to sun themselves on the pavement. I always try to scare them off as otherwise they will meet their demise.

Ask a Question