Geez, I know, Another newbie...me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
For example, my hubby has a love of wolves, so he thought a Malamut would be a perfect substitute. Well, I did research on the breed, and it totally didnt fit our lifestyle. So a no go.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would leave work at lunchtime just to make sure my dogs could go out and go potty .Luckily it only took me 10 minutes to drive home and back and that was if I got caught at the traffic light .Then hubby went days and I was nights so I did not have to worry about them and then I retired to VA and they took the long car trip down here great and that was in 2004 and and they both passed away one in 2008 and the other in 2009 and broke my heart so I rescued the king and then peewee came to me just before my birthday and then puddles came into my life in 2014 and We love them .If it had not been for peewee my hubby would have passed away .He was crying and whining in the bedroom and I went to look and hubby had a heart attack and died 4 times and doctor brought him back and now he is fine and peewee makes sure of that .So pee wee hangs on hubby now and won't leave him out of his sight .That was just after The Sandy storm hit NJ and my son lost everything in Keansburg NJ .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Wow! Thats heart renching! I know dogs especially can feel the pain of their owners most of any pet we have domesticated, mostly cuz they are the only ones that live in our homes, but thats why we love them so much. Unconditional, or so we choose to believe. I understand your attachment. My furball sleeps 18 hours a day but when I need a friend most, he wakes up and pesters me. At first I am not in the mood but he wins me over. Hes a rock I never consider until he decides I need him, then I cant imagine that time without him. Goats and horses can also help with that void.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Also, my pond is very new, as I stated but also in deep shade most of the day. It gets about 3 hours of morning sun at the very most. I would love to put in a plant or two, but struggling to find ones that can tolerate the shade. Im not so interested in bloomers as much as survivors that can add some green (and maybe water quality) to my humble pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just use lava rock and so did my dad growing up .Never had a problem with it .Cheap to buy at on sale 3 bags for 9 dollars and sometimes you can get broken open bags for cheaper .I have 2 filters and 2 pumps and no skimmer and no bottom drain .Never had a problem with string algae except in my lily pond .I really like my mini cattails ,But have to be careful with plants because koi can be destructive

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
image.jpeg
My favorite snakes came and visited Mothers Day. i didnt get a pic of both of them because they avoided each other but Im convinced the snakes did not eat my fish. I could barely do BBQ for my inlaws cuz I much preferred to watch the snakes! Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Heres my little humble pond naked. As you can see, its low in one place yet slightly too high in others. What im asking is, is it worth pulling up just to correct an inch or so of off level.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 183

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
is that a preformed because it will get worse if you leave it .I had to do mine but took enough water oout of it to get sand down there and pushed the sand with my hand until it was level again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
is that a preformed because it will get worse if you leave it .I had to do mine but took enough water oout of it to get sand down there and pushed the sand with my hand until it was level again

Ahh! You answered my question! I know its not totally supported on the sides and top and I do worry it will crack soon. So I need to pull it up and fix it. I wont do sand though, its just not easily available here. But Ill pull an inch of soil out then try to backfill the sides to even it out enough. I also got in my Rock on a Roll today and bio rock and I hope to correct it and be happy with it for years to come.

Poor fishies will be disturbed for a day. If they lived in a 3 gallon pot in my living room for 3 months, they will manage a 5 gallon bucket for a day, lol.

These preforms are a pain though. Hard to level them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was so happy to get rid of my preformed .I had pics of it and will have to find them again

Ask a Question