Geez, I know, Another newbie...me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Geeze we have a gnome lover and colleen is a fairy person .I keep getting gnomed .They left 2 in my garden down front .My neighbor got flamingoed 12 pink flamingo's in his front yard .Wish I had taken a pic but did not have my camera .When I went back he had already taken them down :)
Thats a great idea! If I ever see any gaudy yard art at a garage sale, Im gonna do that to our neighbors! They are our friends, that would be awsome! They have such a prestine yard, a few pink flamingoes would do them good! Ahahahaha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I get an annoying mole that passes through my yard once in a while, and I have tried poison, seems to little effect. Im unwilling to get another cat that would cure the problem. Ive heard of this Milky Spore but grubs do not seem prolific in my yard. I am positive he is feeding on my much loved worms, which I have little of, (thanks to him Im sure). Traps are expensive, and Im unsure whether to trust them. If I could just kill him I would. i have no issue with that. Im tired of finding heaving soil in my gardens and walkways. What do you recommend?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Yah, i hve done that for the most part for 5 years but they upheave my paths and plants and take out my worms and I dont like it! Lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have tons of worms even with moles being around.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
milky spore gets rid of grubs which are the number one food source of moles .I have no moles in my front yard and I treated it over 6 years ago and 2 years ago did half my side yard and now going to do the other half and back yard .You can read up on milky spore .It does not seem to harm worms since i have plenty of them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Grr...not me...and i should. Well tbh? Ive dug thru my soil for years and never a worm. But I put in the little pond, then need to pull it out an reset it...guess where worms are? In the pond or babies in the filter...too weird.

Maybe just maybe, cuz we have had this house only 4 years and I have seriously fertilized it, the worms are coming back? I havent seen them at all until the pond, and I find one here drowned, or here, in the filter...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
milky spore gets rid of grubs which are the number one food source of moles .I have no moles in my front yard and I treated it over 6 years ago and 2 years ago did half my side yard and now going to do the other half and back yard .You can read up on milky spore .It does not seem to harm worms since i have plenty of them

Thanks! I dont know of grubs, but glad to hear the treatment doesnt hurt worms if ai must resort to that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
welcome and found all preforms rise and sink with frost heave .Had one until my front porch was done .Fish can also jump out of a pond while being chased .I want more fat fantails i love them but they have never layed eggs for me

Feel I need to apologize Sissy. i could never believe a fantail could jump out of a pond, but recently had another tragedy and I am convinced now, thats what is happeneing. Remember my resident garter snake? Well, I bought three more fantails, nice sized ones for where I could get them. In the late evening, they are all good. The next morning two are gone! I searched and found them dead, right outside the pond. I was heartbroken. They didnt even make it through the night.
And I feel guilty. I took out an aquarium log my fish liked to hide in because I was selfish and wanted to see them more, and maybe I didnt provide more hiding places in such a shallow pond. So I put it back in plus another hiding spot and my 3rd has made it so far. I am also considering catching that snake and moving him to the golf course lake and out of my yard, which he seems to have decided he can make a permanent home of.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
fantails are slow and are easy for predators to catch .I hope you have better luck .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
fantails are slow and are easy for predators to catch .I hope you have better luck .
He didnt catch them! Thats the hard part! They were completely intact but dead next to the pond. You said maybe they jumped out and I couldnt believe it. Now I think you were right! Poor things! My sappy dog is still pawing at them in the grass (where I threw them), hoping they will wake up...lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Well, the snake was moved to the golf course pond so hopefully I can stock the pond again with a couple fantails. I also ordered 12 trapdoor snails and Im going to keep my fingers crossed they show up in good shape since it is still relatively cool here. Cuz those things sure aint cheap when you have to order them online, uggh.

Ask a Question