sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
darn shame those plants did not make though ,they were nice .I just traded work for banana plants .She need sinks put in and she had huge banana so I took 3 of them for the work I did .Now she has more work and She has the dark burgandy leaf banana in the back yard so gonna trade her again .All hardy ones because she has had them for over 4 years .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought you had said the 3 plants did not make it or was that another ponder :cheerful:

Reaction score
I think i was talking about the jasmine and not knowing if they were going to make it. When i first planted them they started to die, all the flowers turned brown and the leaves turned yellow and started to fall off. The first 8" or so inches of ground right there is all sand and pea gravel. I dug around around them best I could and put a bunch of Miracle Gro potting soil down in the ground and they seem to be turning around, slowly but surely. The Bananna Trees are doing great, the sprout a new fresh leaf about every week.

cr8tivguy

Tim Thompson
Reaction score
I wish my climate (zone 5) allowed me to have jasmine and banana trees year around. I love the smell of night jasmine. i did have one in a pot one year and it was great. The smell in the evening was wonderful. I tried to winter it inside and it just didn't make it.

BTW, the back yard project looks great! I love the pond and patio. It really turned out nice. I honor the hard work you've put into the project. I know for me, all the back-breaking labor has been so rewarding. Coffee in the morning on the patio by the pond really sets the stage for a wonderful day.

Reaction score
Thanks, The banana trees are awesome, especially when they get bigger and start filling out. My neighbor has a few in his yard as well, I was on the roof fixing a leaky seam in the gutter and his yard looks like a rain forest I hope mine do as well as his, so far so good. I think the Pond will look much better once the Jasmine takes off and starts to cover the fence and I fix it to where you cant see so much liner. I have one more piece of the puzzle I am expecting, I bought a patio mister kit to install under the roof, even though its covered and there is a fan when its 100+ degrees it is still super hot, so I am going to install some misters that way we can hopefully stand to sit out there even in this heat. I have not been able to force my self out of bed early enough to sit out there with some coffee yet, I have to be on the road by 6:30, but I hope to soon.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have banana plants at a rental down in florida, they grow like weeds and put out a ton of banana's They do look neat with the big leaves and fruit.

Reaction score
I have no idea what kind my are.. I know something "red" was in the description but the labels were weathered to bad to read.
Anyway,
I have been running my little quilt batting filter for about 3 days now, and even though it poured down rain Thursday the water is almost crystal clear, I can almost see the bottom now. I went and got 4 more fish so I have a total of 10 so think I am fully stocked now, 3 comets, 2 fantails, and 5 Shubunkins.

I did break down and buy a UV clarifier even though i said in my other post I did'nt want too. Pet mountain had one that was submersible with a built in pump and fountain attachment so I figured i could just swap my current fountain out with it and kill two birds with one stone and hopefully keep the water clear, Just waiting for it to arrive.

I found two frogs floating in the water the water this morning too, one on the others back... I don't think they could get out once they got down in there... I need to fix that.

Reaction score
Enjoying the cool 74 degree weather and light rain under the roof this morning. I don't like not being able to see the water from the covered patio though. I am going to have to do something about that.
6dfl.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
A pergola with a sun shade would work .I was looking at sams club and see they have the new anchors for the vinyl pergolas.Lots easier to install that way

Reaction score
sentrek said:
I have no idea what kind my are.. I know something "red" was in the description but the labels were weathered to bad to read.
Anyway,
I have been running my little quilt batting filter for about 3 days now, and even though it poured down rain Thursday the water is almost crystal clear, I can almost see the bottom now. I went and got 4 more fish so I have a total of 10 so think I am fully stocked now, 3 comets, 2 fantails, and 5 Shubunkins.

I did break down and buy a UV clarifier even though i said in my other post I did'nt want too. Pet mountain had one that was submersible with a built in pump and fountain attachment so I figured i could just swap my current fountain out with it and kill two birds with one stone and hopefully keep the water clear, Just waiting for it to arrive.

I found two frogs floating in the water the water this morning too, one on the others back... I don't think they could get out once they got down in there... I need to fix that.
I'm just up the road from you and the rainy days are very welcome after a week of very hot temps in TX. We just moved here from GA so the area is new to me. Would you mind sharing where you found your lily? I've driven up to the shop in Aubrey but was hoping for something closer to home. Thanks! Your pond and patio look great!

Reaction score
Thanks and welcome to the area. If you just moved here you have been lucky so far this year, the summer has been pretty mild compared to normal. I have sent you a pm on where I got my Lily.

Ask a Question