getting close to done

Reaction score
Just got to do some more stones around the filter once the plants in the pots start to grow, lights, and some more plants around the back, elephant ears or something.

acfm.jpg

hkvs.jpg

phtm.jpg

Reaction score
I like it--and the patio too--that was the best move I made putting a Patio next to mine--if you end up like me, I start my day before work sitting there for 5 to 10 minutes and thats the first place I end up when I get home from work, its a great stress reliever just sitting there watching the fish--I hope you like yours as much as I do. good luck with everything, Tim

Reaction score
Thanks,
I am hoping we are able to enoy it that way as well. We will be picking up a firepit and chairs or benches for out next to the pond in the near future. I will have to post pictures of the rest of the patio that I did last summer/fall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Fabulous. Love the whole area, you did a great job. You'll love sitting out there.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it, I worked my butt off on this thing even though it doesn't look like much.

This is the patio I did last summer that I have extended out to the pond. This first picture is just my sketch that I ran by my Dad for his opinion (he has been doing construction his whole life, I engineer store fixtures, He lives in Pa i live in TX. I did this all myself.). In this picture the old wood deck has already been removed. You can see some of the dirt from the beginning of the pond hole dig, I used some of the dirt to level the space where I put the patio.
z9m7.jpg

The next pictures are of if finished (except i still need to put the sealer on the pavers), the pictures suck, took them with my phone. Its 12' wide and about 22' long. In this first picture you can see where the little pond was when we bought the house, lower right hand corner, they had the rocks concreted to the side of the garage.

v7g3.jpg

8et2.jpg

g41o.jpg

vfxc.jpg

So I have the roof, sunshade, and fan for really hot days or rainy days and well have the fire pit and chairs for everything else.

Reaction score
I can't quite tell what those other plants are, but you could sit a milkcrate on the bottom of the pond as a plant stand/riser for the plants to sit on top.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. To be honest I am not exactly sure what plans they are either, one is water sedge I am pretty sure, the other one I don't know. But a milk create won't work, where they sit now a milk create is to tall and to move them to the bottom it would be way too short. I am going to make a small stand out of some scrap 2 x 6's I have (non pressure treated).

Reaction score
Looks great. I wonder though... how much extra liner is there around the perimeter? Is there enough that you could fold it up and around the back of the bottom layer of rock, and cover it with the top layer? That would allow you to partially submerge the bottom layer of rock and the liner would not be visible at all.

Reaction score
Diesel,
A similar thought has already crossed my mind and I am probably going to do that. But not until spring, I am going to enjoy it for right now Because it is just to darn hot now... and I need a break. But yeah, I don't like seeing all that liner either, I didn't see the post on how to dig the small ledge and get them down in the water until it was too late. I need to find a cheap preform or stock tank to use as tell while I fix it, so I will look over the fall and winter while they are hopefully cheap.

Reaction score
sentrek said:
Thanks guys. To be honest I am not exactly sure what plans they are either, one is water sedge I am pretty sure, the other one I don't know. But a milk create won't work, where they sit now a milk create is to tall and to move them to the bottom it would be way too short. I am going to make a small stand out of some scrap 2 x 6's I have (non pressure treated).
I doubt you really want to use wood inside the pond, it will stain your water brown. You can build a stand out of pvc, or really any type of plastic container with holes in it. Or, another option the fish really like are those stacking bins, turned upside down so they make a cave type affair. Take a gander through the plastics section of your local wally world. They have some black plastic CD totes that might do the trick, and several other things.

Ask a Question