addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i tried the boiling water technique on a scrap piece and the fitting. It slid right on

I was doing a rainy day job, yesterday, putting my drip lines together for drip watering the deck pots, used hot water to get those little stiff drip hoses on those barbs. It does work great, they cool off and are stuck on well.

Glad it worked for you Brad

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
pretty simple problem to fix...just take some sand paper and sand the barbs down until you can slide the hose over them. you still want to leave it snug....boiling water or a hair dryer should get hot enough to warm the hose up enough to do it either way!
sump pump hose is not the way to go for hose. especially inside the pond....the ridges in the hose hold air. this keeps it rather bouyant. making it very hard to keep on the floor of the pond. it wants to rise to the surface, if its on the pumps intake, andi it does, you can burn up a pump. just my 2 cents!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have not had a problem with my pipe rising to the top as water inside the pipe lower it to the floor of the pond and weigh it down and that hose there has ridges also .Thing is I have never seen a hose crack all over like that did for me and I have been in contact with the company on several occasions and they did see that there is a a problem with the hose and as of last week offered to send me a check after I e-mailed them the receipt and pics of the hose .This is an ongoing thing with them and I will see if they do what the say .

Ask a Question