Going to be a long night and day tomorrow. Hoping I won't have to say goodbye to my best friend.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers. As many animals as I have kept and lost over the years you would think it would get easier over time. Many have been pets, But these last two were my kids. They are the ones that helped me get through a separation with my wife when she moved out for a while. These two were my side kicks on many many adventure. The house just seems so empty with either of them being here. I'll get through this and move on. each day gets a little easier but I'm sure just as each of you they always will hold a special place in our hearts.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had to add another pet .I king was a rescue .I guess i need something to nurture .I am a mom at heart and think it helped .I think we all step up when we have too .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes very sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. I don't believe in voo doo, curses, bad luck, or the number 13. Things just happen. I lived in the same house since 1997, no bad luck for many many years. Then hubby had money trouble with his business a few years back, then last Christmas my beloved Sadie passed, six months later my sweet hubby got sick with cancer. Not bad luck, just the "luck of the draw"! Now we appear to be over the "worst" and life is getting much better finally! Today hubby is back at work (part time) and for the first time in twenty years we are going to get MoNeY back from our Taxes!!! Things will get better for you and Sissy too, just have to wait out the run of bad luck and hope for the best!! :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Oh yes, forgot to mention that I saw this new documentry on dogs and humans. Did you know when your dog looks at you in the eyes that a chemical hormone is released into your blood stream. This makes us fall hard for our puppies and see them as children. They also use there "eye power" to lure us into over feeding them and they know they can wrap us around their paws!
Dogs can read our faces better than any other human or animal and they learn our language and even in some cases, they can spell too!! Dogs have been with us since the beginning of time and a symbiotic relationship with them as well, we both benefit from each other. Is it any wonder that 70% of people sleep with their dogs? I fall fast asleep when my Poppy comes to snuggle, no trouble sleeping here, just take one Poppy to bed and you will be fast asleep in la la land...

Larkin, you will find another puppy to love soon and life will get better for you again! :)

Ask a Question