GOLD FISH ONLY

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
I will have to try the cherrios. I love my feeding time with my fish.
This may be a stupid question but do my goldfish sleep? Sometimes they are very still like they are sleeping.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing,mine will bunch 30 or 40 in a bunch and be very still for a while ,and they get still after feeding too, but will one by one go after more food then rejoin the group.

rdk

Reaction score
Can I feed my Goldfish bottom feeders pellets or is there a problem with fish wast going on the bottom of the pond. Please let me know. RDK.

Reaction score
I would think either sinking or floating, probably a mix might be best as long as you don't overfeed. Floating pellets do help us gauge how much to feed as we can see when it's gone,and we get to see our fish, but fish can develop swim bladder problems because they gulp air along with the food on the surface. Usually they are able to expel the excess air though. I think I recall fancy goldfish are more prone to that.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
wow...this thread is a bit biased....im gonna start a KOI ONLY thread....................lol!
THAT SAID...anything you feed a golfish is fine for koi as well, and vise versa!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond is big enough for koi, but prefer goldies! lol

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
there are advantages in goldies... a highly active pond is nice. i like seeing 50 fish over 10 myself. thats why i am considering selling my big guys and growing out 20 - 30 of my fry from this year. give them a couple years and see which ones i'd like to breed!...my pond plants would love it too!!!.. i kind of like messing with the fry tho too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I stole this off the noaa site:

Do fish sleep?

It all depends on what you mean by sleep. My dictionary says that sleep is a period of rest in which the eyes are closed and there is little or no thought or movement. That is, sleeping means closing your eyes and resting. The first thing we notice is that most fish don't have eyelids (except for sharks). Also, while some deep ocean fish never stop moving a great many fishes live nearly motionless lives and many do so on a regular diurnal/nocturnal cycle, some active by day others by night.. So we can't generalize and say that all fish sleep like we do. But most fish do rest. Usually they just blank their minds and do what we might call daydreaming. Some float in place, some wedge themselves into a spot in the mud or the coral, some even build themselves a nest. They will still be alert for danger, but they will also be "sleeping."

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I Have both koi and goldfish, but I feed twice a day. Mostly because I'm trying to "bulk up" some of my little koi, i like big fish :)

Most of the time in the morning, I don't even get a chance to sit there and enjoy the eating, I just walk out the back door, throw a handful of food and continue to my car. I don't wake up any earlier than I have to for work :)

wardleys pellets in the morning, and then treats of everything from cheerios, fruits, veggies, or goldfish flakes (when I'm trying to get them to eat from my hand, flakes work good to pinch a bunch between your fingers)

Ask a Question