GOLD FISH ONLY

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Fry doing well must be 4 doz little golden critters moved to a container while I cleaned out the fry box amazed how many there were,really gold colored on thier sides ,transfered back after clean out ,fed and put the mop back but they don't seem interested in any move they move all over the place ,fast little buggers ,biggest about 1/2" about 1/3 the rest 1/3 "feeding crushed flakes I left the mop incase they wanted some algea ,may be big enough to release before cold weather ,we'll have to wait and see! I don't think we have any teeth here yet,HeeHee!

How old are they? You said the biggest was about 1/2" and that's about the size of the 2 babies I spotted today, so wondering how old mine might be.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
About 3 Weeks ,Probabably want to separate ,or they will be gone ,breakfast,for larger inhabinance .Separate issue ,UV now getting green water ,Thinking of putting UV on my Sweep Circuit ,1/2 pipe 1/6 hp separate pump operaters in both ponds pumps out of upper pond,double closed loop one in each pond, wattage recomndations total pond and filters 1100 gal .or where would you put it and why ! When you do water change how do you add anti chorine chem at water change ?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sadly, MULTI, the little guys will be on their own. But on a happier note, my Goldie's aren't too big yet, so if the fry have gotten this far, there is hope for them :)

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Sadly, MULTI, the little guys will be on their own. But on a happier note, my Goldie's aren't too big yet, so if the fry have gotten this far, there is hope for them :)

Larger Fry Will eat smaller fry ,If hungery ,keep them fed and you may be alright ,Plants ,GROW GROW AND GROW AND SHED ,beneficial and detramental You have the choice ,mine was huge bio tank no plants clean bottom, sweep and visibility You get to pick Your preference and work load ,beauty and the associated down sides ,more than one way to skin a cat ,and more than one way to display the skin ,Everybody the same and totally different ! The enjoyment of the trip is the adventure ,and you can always change as time and you progress ,ain't life great! Old age ain't so bad when you consider the only alternative !

Ask a Question