goldfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK. Let me repeat what you said - the fish are swimming around nicely but you can't see them. You also said the fish are swimming around but are not interested in eating. Then you said the water is clear.

So to ask this question clearly - how do you know the fish are swimming around nicely if you cannot see them?

Do you see what we are confused? Do you mean the fish WERE swimming around nicely but now you can't see them ANYMORE?
yes I do...but I'm confused too....I can see the fish but it looks darks and cloudy...not clear, but the water is clear....when I take it out of pond. You tell me, and let's all be nice about it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yes I do...but I'm confused too....I can see the fish but it looks darks and cloudy...not clear, but the water is clear....when I take it out of pond. You tell me, and let's all be nice about it.
Aww in a glass the water looks clear, but when you look into the pond the water is a bit dark and cloudy. And your fish don't seem to want to eat.

Sorry about all of the confusion.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aww in a glass the water looks clear, but when you look into the pond the water is a bit dark and cloudy. And your fish don't seem to want to eat.

Sorry about all of the confusion.
Yes, so might you know why? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I learned this the hard way. :(
Did all your fish die??? How long did they survive in the pond??? I might put a liner in it this fall if this will be the outcome...I have really become attached to these little guys....thanks for any info.;you can supply! Lisa

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
OK same page now...I think. First I believe your undersized on your pump. So therefor behind on mechanic filtration. What you are seeing is perhaps an algae build up. Something is out of balance and I believe stepping up to at least 1500 gph with a good filter will get things going in the right direction. About the fish, was this sudden loss of interest at feed time? Have you noticed them foraging around the tank? Have you noticed any missing minnows? Sorry about the confusion off the bat. Welcome

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You tell me, and let's all be nice about it.

I'm always nice @monas fish - that's why I'm here trying to help!

Do scoop a glass of water from the pond tomorrow and take a picture of it - that might be helpful. If you stir the water around, do you see anything floating like small particles? This pond is relatively new, correct? Perhaps @bagsmom is correct and the galvanized metal is affecting the fish. And maybe that's also what's discoloring the water.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@monas fish
We have a lot of helpful and very nice people here. Sometimes what is typed is very confusing.

Ask a Question