Good Brand of Corrugated Tubing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Can anyone give me a good brand or tell me which of the better brands for corrugated tubing if you have any experience with these brands? Smartpond, Totalpond, or Beckett? I have just read that Corrugated cracks alot and want to buy one that will last me at least 1 year, Should I look for a thicker sidewall? Thanks :goldfish:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Jason; Laguna sells corrugated tubing also, but it is on the expensive side. However, a few years ago I purchased a 25' roll of 'no-name' pond tubing which LOOKED the same, and it barely made it through the season (needed a splice or two). The Laguna tubing I'm currently using is still going strong after 8 or 9 years. The price? $1.99 a foot for the 'no-name', compared to $3.99 for Laguna.Something to keep in mind.
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I went ahead and bought Beckett 20' Corrugated (smooth inside) 3/4'' for $20, It's no "No Name" brand since they sell many pumps and other pond Supplies and My oldest Pump is a Beckett and Has done great so far! Thanks though, I went with the More expensive option as the Total Pond and Smart Pond brand looked to similar to each other and their other products and were cheaper than the Beckett stuff. :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
I have had good luck with TetraPond brand....6 years.
Yeah I heard they make quality stuff, but lowes or HD don't carry it, Petsmart and Petsupermarket carry some Tatrapond products but not Tubing. This Corrugated tubing is harder to slip on than regular tubing!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I always use suction hose from the farm center , it should last till I'm gone

Reaction score
DrCase said:
I always use suction hose from the farm center , it should last till I'm gone

DrCase,

Not sure of the specifics of your "suction hose" but I have always been using the structurally reinforced vinyl tubing, the clear vinyl with the strands or webbing criss-crossed throughout the length of the tube.
We use this tubing for some of our cabin water supplies which must hold up to 48 - 52 psi or a little more. I know that it can withstand much, much more than that, but that is where our pressure pumps usually
kick off at. These tubes last as you state, longer than we will care about them. I don't find them to be overly expensive, about $1 per foot as a rule of thumb.

Catfishnut

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Catfishnut said:
DrCase,

Not sure of the specifics of your "suction hose" but I have always been using the structurally reinforced vinyl tubing, the clear vinyl with the strands or webbing criss-crossed throughout the length of the tube.
We use this tubing for some of our cabin water supplies which must hold up to 48 - 52 psi or a little more. I know that it can withstand much, much more than that, but that is where our pressure pumps usually
kick off at. These tubes last as you state, longer than we will care about them. I don't find them to be overly expensive, about $1 per foot as a rule of thumb.

Catfishnut
I will have to try that, Is it at HD or LOWES? The 3/4 Corrugated is hard to slip on! I don't know if it's because it's cold outside or the brand i bought so i bought two brands and it's still is hard to "Slip on", One side even cracked and split trying to slip it on!? This is getting frustrating :grumble: I NEED to find a good alternative to 3/4'' tubing! I bought 3/4'' Irrigation tubing but HOLY HELL you can't bend that stuff to stay in place if you were a gorilla, Me being 6' 190lb and Work out every other day, I don't consider my self weak at all! :LOL:

Reaction score
Jason,

This tubing that I speak of is carried at Menards and probably all home improvement shops of the same ilk.
Only thing I can say negative about it is that it can kink or be flattened. So you have to be cautious if you
bury it or route it around a sharp corner. Otherwise, it is excellent stuff in my opinion. Another idea might
be PEX tubing, but that would be more expensive.

Catfishnut

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Catfishnut said:
Jason,

This tubing that I speak of is carried at Menards and probably all home improvement shops of the same ilk.
Only thing I can say negative about it is that it can kink or be flattened. So you have to be cautious if you
bury it or route it around a sharp corner. Otherwise, it is excellent stuff in my opinion. Another idea might
be PEX tubing, but that would be more expensive.

Catfishnut
Yes, I found it at Lowes and HD at around $18 for 10' (Twice as much as Corrugated) Thanks and I will return my Corrugated and give this a try instead!

Ask a Question