Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I have been worried the past couple weeks because I had taken in a red eared slider male that someone had purchased for a pet and then once he got larger decided to abandon him so he was already under a lot of stress. I have been giving him special attention and feeding him extra and alone from the others and he was really nervous and would not eat or respond well but it looks like he has finally came around and is acting "normal" now. Yesterday when I went out to feed the other turtles he came out with the rest of them and even stayed out with me while I was in the enclosure so he has regained some faith in humans which is a good thing. Not sure if anyone else here has had to deal with a traumatized turtle but they are alot smarter than someone may think and learn from observation how to tell one face from another and know who it is that is their caregiver. Anyways I just wanted to share my good news and have a feeling others will find this interesting whether you raise turtles or not. I have included a picture of him that I took the day after I brought him home.

11825797_925732177463001_6653212624885352254_n.jpg

Ask a Question