Gravel filter in Spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20210509_093400.jpg
IMG_20210509_093400.jpg
This is the start of the third full season of my stream/gravel filter garden / pond system. The gravel filter garden is recovering well after a hard winter here in Yorkshire ( low of -3C on several nights) . Even the Cyperius Alternifolia (just peeping behind the kingcups) has survived and is just sprouting new growth from the base.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great use of the space you sir have a green thumb.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow Steve, that entire setup looks awesome! Do you perhaps have more pictures of the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow Steve, that entire setup looks awesome! Do you perhaps have more pictures of the pond?
Thankyou! I do have photos, but they are all over the place -im not the best organised of people. I will try to collect a few together and post them later today.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi steven, i think i remember your build and wow that has turned out beautiful you should be very proud of what you have created :cool:cheers mark.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
hi steven, i think i remember your build and wow that has turned out beautiful you should be very proud of what you have created :cool:cheers mark.
Thanks Mark. TBH it has been as much due to luck as to design, but it has worked out better than I could have hoped. 3rd season now and there is hardly any blanket weed in the pond. Loads in the stream though, which isn't s problem ,- and I think it is stripping a lot of nutrients out of the water before it even reaches. the gravel filter.

Ask a Question