Great info on adding new fish but you still need to quaranteen

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
hello Sissy, I like the pond Hunter but was a little too long; please don't take offense. Will you sum it up a little. I have 3 fish 5 or 6 years old moving to a pond 7 times the volume they are in now. I will get a few more fish, should I quarantine the new fish in the old pond and move the old fish to the new pond, vice versa, or is it better to add them all to the new pond at the same time and quarantine the new fish somewhere else? I trust my source for fish, but I'd hate to get my old ones sick due to his water quality being better than mine. thanks.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States

Can't get the video to play. Could you please post the link @sissy ?

I have always liked Mike's podcasts. He has never been one to avoid the controversial. My favorite was when he had Ed Bealieu on from Aquascape discussing the rock and gravel method of pond construction.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is not a video it is a podcast so no video .I just could not understand he did not mention quaranteen the new fish

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Have you tried viewing it directly on Youtube? There's a Youtube icon on the bottom right when you mouse over the frame that will take you directly there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
He mentions quarantine right around 7:09 @sissy and then refers to another podcast which covers quarantine in depth.

I like Mike Gannon - he's good at his work!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh but a lot of people never really pay attention to the quarantine method ,they are to quick to add a new fish .I had problems with his podcasts also as they freeze up .I just thought it was my puter ,.I missed a piece of it because it also jumps ahead every time it would freeze up and I would miss part of it .I want to listen to it in whole but every time it jumps ahead after freeze up .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeh but a lot of people never really pay attention to the quarantine method ,they are to quick to add a new fish .I had problems with his podcasts also as they freeze up .I just thought it was my puter ,.I missed a piece of it because it also jumps ahead every time it would freeze up and I would miss part of it .I want to listen to it in whole but every time it jumps ahead after freeze up .

Try pausing it and let if buffer for awhile then try ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will try that I hate when it jumps forward because I miss pieces of it .Not sure why it does it .Not sure if it is the windows 10 update or his podcast doing it .Never even heard of a podcast until they started them on you tube .My phone is for emergencies and nothing more .

Ask a Question