Gross, gross, GROSS!

brc

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I had one kinda like this a couple years ago..

So I was cleaning up the pond in the spring (fairly early spring, as I remember), and scooping a bunch of dead leaves out and getting things running again. It might have been the first spring, after I got my first pond..

In amongst those leaves were some frogs. I pulled a handful of leaves out, and see the white bottom of a non-moving frog. In my hand. I couldn't believe I just touched a dead frog.. And of course there were a whole bunch of them. I wondered what it was about my pond that made it so frogs couldn't survive winter there?

After dumping the dead leaves and frogs in the trash can, and doing a little more work around the pond, I go back and look down in the can to see those frogs hopping around in there.

Apparently, they sit on the bottom "dead" all winter, and then wake back up in the spring?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I get Chipmunks in my pond fairly often. They fall in and the sides are too high for them to get out. Not a fan of them at all. They cause more yard damage with the exception of deer until I put up a deer fence last year. Part of the reason for the fence was to prevent ticks. My doggie was diagnosed with Lyme disease last year. Vet told me Chipmunks also carry Lyme ticks, uggh... Here's Lulu enjoying the royal wedding this past weekend
IMG_20180519_074302.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Squirrels are pretty bad about packing their nuts in crazy places. I went to blow out the shop one spring.
Fired up the leaf blower, and shot pecans everywhere. :O

Ask a Question