Gross question....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last night when we were out in the yard doing our after work chores, we notice something on top of the garage roof. at first I thought it was a bird, but we both agreed it couldn't have been.
We couldn't really see what it was, so hubby got the binoculars out and took a good look at it....it turn out to be some sort of droppings...yup it was poop!
It was two large clumps, dark brown with (he said) some hair or fiber in it....any idea what animal could have dropped that on the roof top of my garage?
smdontknow.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe a racoon? The hair could be from the animal licking itself, like cats that get hairballs etc. I don't think they eat animals w/hair? A coyote does but how could he get on your roof? Maybe an eagle? Who knows? Take a photo of the scat and look online to compare it to animals. They have photo's of all the different kinds online.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lol going to search for poop online

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Maybe a racoon? The hair could be from the animal licking itself, like cats that get hairballs etc. I don't think they eat animals w/hair? A coyote does but how could he get on your roof? Maybe an eagle? Who knows? Take a photo of the scat and look online to compare it to animals. They have photo's of all the different kinds online.
From my search it looks like it could be Heron's ....I hate that bird!!!!!
smnails.gif

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last night when we were out in the yard doing our after work chores, we notice something on top of the garage roof. at first I thought it was a bird, but we both agreed it couldn't have been.
We couldn't really see what it was, so hubby got the binoculars out and took a good look at it....it turn out to be some sort of droppings...yup it was poop!
It was two large clumps, dark brown with (he said) some hair or fiber in it....any idea what animal could have dropped that on the roof top of my garage?View attachment 115544
Hawk?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Gross question, was it a large poop as in a small dog size? Maybe a feral cat was up on your roof. I don't know the protocol for poop on the roof, go up and clean :poop: it or leave it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sorry for the poop-on-the-roof! Reminds me of a neighbor, our old neighborhood, who had a whole flock of vultures on his roof, sunning themselves daily, and what a poop mess they made up there. He got an airhorn and blasted them everyday for awhile and they left finally. I think the mess may still be up there though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It could be any of the above, I sure have them all:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Gemma it's horrible to think about Herons getting our fish. An idea I picked up while reading, was to leave a radio near the pond, and set the station to a talk station only, this way it sounds as if humans are near the pond. I leave a small radio on at night, with a light on in the chicken coup I converted into a play house. This way with the light on and talking, the birds think someone is near. This is an extra precaution I take as there is a natural pond up the road, where of course there is herons.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Tara I tried the talk radio and it worked for a few years. Had it up loud during the day and off at night as herons don't have night jobs. Then after a few yrs all of a sudden the heron just ignored the radio and went right to the pond. I tried it all and the only thing that works for me is the net I now have.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't believe birds have a solid poop, they only have one exit for both what we know as solid and liquid thus it's more like puke then poop. I have seen osprey and eagles drop one and yup no solids

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm still leaning towards a racoon or some other climbing type critter. You don't have high jumping kangaroos there do ya :smuggrin:

Ask a Question