Gross question....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I still think it was the heron because it's too much of a coincident that he's back after a decade and he stabs my koi, but perhaps it wasn't poop, it could have been a pellet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yuck! What the heck is the pellet?
just like other birds of pray (owl, eagle..)a heron eats its pray whole bones and fur and everything else but cannot digest it so they regurgitate these wraps called pellets containing all of the bones and hair and other things....eeewwww sounds worse than poop:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How lovely, I will definitely have to make sure it's a pine cone next time I pick one up near the pond, can't imagine picking that thing up by mistake.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ewww, I googled a photo of a heron pellet:

Grey-heron-regurgitated-pellets.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
just think the one on the left was a sanke the middle a platinum showa and the third a stub tail gold fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
When my kids were in middle school, we dissected owl pellets and sorted out the bones we found in them. Sounds gross but it is pretty cool. Also did it with our scout troop when we found a couple of pellets on a hike.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Our kids would find owl pellets all the time in the woods near our house. They'd bring them home and pull the whole thing apart and see what they could put back together from the bones. They thought it was fascinating. I was generally disgusted.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
When my kids were in middle school, we dissected owl pellets and sorted out the bones we found in them. Sounds gross but it is pretty cool. Also did it with our scout troop when we found a couple of pellets on a hike.
My kids did the same thing in school, I'm glad I didn't have biology!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't know what it is, been around animals most my life, even ones we would eat, but for some reason the fact that it's regurgitated just seems foul.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My kids did the same thing in school, I'm glad I didn't have biology!
My class had biology and we were suppose to dissect cats. Well a couple folks who disagreed to working on cats These cats were specifically for science. The school was less then pleased that they had disappeared and we got frogs as replacements as the budget could not afford cats again or at least so they said. Well the reason I am speaking of this, is this. The cats showed up senior week just before graduation. They were found all over the school with bandanas and eye patches clothes and even shoes. They were in the smoking lounge posed having a smoke and one group was even smoking a bong. they even had jock cats with a field hockey skirt and stick. It was well MEMORABLE!! And I will leave it at that.

Ask a Question