Harvey's first pond build

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm hoping. I've been collecting rocks for a while now but definitely need alot more. I'm planning on completely tearing the pool out and dig out further to add some shelves and a maybe a 2 foot deep area for kids to play in. Is there downsides to leaving the pond about 8 feet deep at the deepest part. I see most people go about half that in depth. I was thinking of running two pumps one fed through a bottom drain I'm thinking that will go to the bog and one from a skimmer that runs to a waterfall. There's also an option of loosing the skimmer and running the water over to a pondless waterfall which would be in a great viewing area for the lower part of my yard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Polish_20200612_155559695.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's what I came up with so far. Green will be bog area. Yellow is stream waterfall areas. Red area will be a shallow area for kids to play in. I'm also realizing how much I don't know the way I'm doing things.
1. Im thinking of putting something in in case I get water under the liner down the road. The pool area is 9 feet right now and I'd like to fill it in to get about 7 foot depth. I'm not sure of the best system to do this and I'm not sure what exactly it would be called to research more about it.
2. I'd like to put a bottom drain in which is another thing I'm not exactly sure on. Ant good things to look up for a good setup. I'm thinking this will feed the bog area. So I think I would want something to catch larger organic matter. Would I leave some sort of sediment pit. And the pump sits in there.

Anything else you see issues with please let me know.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also forgot to add another pump will be in a pit with aquablocks after the second set of falls. Which will have a rain water from my metal roof running to it also.

Ask a Question