Hello ALL I'm new here!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Johnny, and Like others, thank you for your years of service. Take each step one by one. make sure and take the time to ask a day or two before a install for pointers, be sure and check Youtube for videos before attempting by written instructions, and be sure and try as hard as possible to do it right the first time. I can tell you that almost every ponder here would make a change for the better if they could. Some just can't be done unless it's a total rebuild. Go as big as your area and liner will allow. believe me, every gallon counts. Would love to see some pics of the pond. or should I say soon to be pond. LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Go back!! it's a trap!! :helm2: Oh, too late you bought the goods.

Welcome to the awesome forum :regular_waving_emot
shame on you scaring the newbie .What you want we get to watch him work and enjoy his hard labor .

Reaction score
Go back!! it's a trap!! :helm2: Oh, too late you bought the goods.

Welcome to the awesome forum :regular_waving_emot
hmmmmmm is it too late? thinking....no refund! After digging the hole, how hard can it be now! No scaring, only thing that would have scared me was flying bullets.
Trust me I'm going to ask lots of question.

Reaction score
The begining
MyKoiPond_inthePoconos033.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
how deep are you going for PA 4 or 5 feet to protect fish in the winter .My pond is 4 1/2 feet deep .Gosh wish I had that nice soil

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
that is good looking soil! You just speak the truth haro, he is now trapped in the pond addiction!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome koi69fish, It looks like you will have a really nice pond. You might want to post your build on "pond construction" and people can pipe in with their ideas as you put it all together. I assume you are going to have mostly koi the way you are building your ledges. Remember it takes a while for a pond to cycle so once it is set up don't be tempted to put a lot of fish in right away.

Ask a Question